Reptile Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,951 Posts
104f basking, 91 ish warm side, and 80f cool side!

Is she permanently housed with the male? As she's next to him in the pics I'd say she's puffing up at him.

EDIT- Also, does the male always have a black beard?

·
Registered
3,951 Posts
shes been housed with the male for 2 years prior to me getting her and she has never puffed at him in the 4 weeks i have had her...

they normally coincide with each other very well, no fights, no biting nothing at all...
Don't think you saw my edit, how often is the males beard black?

It doesn't matter how long beardies are kept together, they are naturally solitary and can become unhappy with being forced to co-habit at any time. It's the first subtle digns you need to look out for. If you see biting, fights etc then you've left it too late.

·
Registered
3,951 Posts
The males beard wouldn't turn black because he thinks he's coming out of the viv soon. It's more likely it was because of the female and she then puffed up at him as a warning. Or vise versa of course. I'm guessing you don't sit and watch them 24/7 so you can't know that the aggressive behaviour doesn't continue while they are in the viv. I would strongly advise anyone that has a male and female together to separate, and even more so in your case because of the behaviour you're seeing.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.