Reptile Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
We have one 3 month old female joey up for sale. She is still very small and a crabby, slightly skittish little missus but happy to have cuddles if you bribe her, and loves nothing more than to curl up in you pocket. We took her and the rest of her colony with us over christmas to see family and she was happy to be held by a lot of strange smelling humans (though squawked a lot at my little sister!)

Really lovely girl and we'll be sad to see her go. Looking for a knowledgeable home where she will go to live with young female/s or neutered male/s. I would stress she is very small, so if you have older sugs she will not be suitable to introduce until she is bigger (at least 2/3rds their weight). Please get in contact if you are interested. I am based in Sheffield :)

P.S. She has a twin brother who we are planning to introduce to another of our colonies, however may be willing to sell with her as they have lived together all their lives.

I'll leave you with some photos of her gorgeous self:

getting a piggyback with mum

One of my friends giving her a cuddle over christmas

with her bro

dinner time

and here's the video I uploaded to youtube (and completely forgot about!) of her and her brother - she's the one not munching on papaya (you can hear her bark in the last second of the video!) Sugar glider Joeys

Attachments

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
bippety boppity bump :2thumb:

·
Registered
91 Posts
Hi im interested in the little smasher.... i run a buisness taking exotic animals and reptiles around schools and childrens and adult parties.... she will be well looked after and cared for...

Cheers

James

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi James

thanks for getting in contact! I'm not sure gliders would be great for taking to childrens parties etc as they are such small animals, and could be easily damaged by a well meaning but rough child -there's also the risk of them biting if manhandled, and glider bites can be pretty nasty. They're also pretty fast when they want to be! I'd also only be considering homes where she would be going to live with at least one other glider :)

Nell

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
To the top :)

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
:up: please

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
bump for this little one :)

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
To the top please

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
To the top please

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Up : victory:

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
bumpety bump

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hey

Hey, what sort of enclosure is the she in at the moment? Thinking bout getting her for my girlfriend, I've kept snakes and all sorts over the years but never had a sugar glider, is there anything to know before getting one? Many thanks sam.

·
Registered
9,175 Posts
Hey, what sort of enclosure is the she in at the moment? Thinking bout getting her for my girlfriend, I've kept snakes and all sorts over the years but never had a sugar glider, is there anything to know before getting one? Many thanks sam.
Yes...You need at least two. They're very sociable.

Sign up to Sugar Glider Forum - Index You need to wait for your account to be authorised. But some of the most knowledgeable keepers are on there and can offer a wealth of fantastic information for any prospective owners.

Hope that helps, I can't give any more information as I personally don't keep them. : victory:

Katie

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
To the top please

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Sorry Sam, I somehow managed to miss your post! Katie's reply was pretty much what I would have said though :p (definitely join www.sugar-glider.co.uk if you're interestered in gliders!) Our glider's enclosures are large and arboreal, they need minimum dimensions of 4' high x 2' x 2' and you absolutely must keep two or more glider as they are colonial creatures. That's the most basic care requirements, there are a lot of detailed and informative stickies on the forum I linked above.

In other news, we've found this little girl and her brother a brilliant forever home, with a huge enclosure to explore!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts