Reptile Forums banner

Female Veiled Chameleon

488 views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  moody232002 
#1 ·
Hi Guys, I was just wondering, do female veileds have regular 'ghost' pregnancies? and if so how often should I expect them? My beautiful girl laid eggs a few months back but is acting strange again so i'm off out to get some substrate for her. I only ask because I'm worried about her hurting herself again (last time she damaged her ankle and broke a claw!).

Thanks

#2 ·
you probly know this already seeing as she laid before but i thought it might help bump your thread.

Make sure you have a suitable place for her to dig in the cage

It needs to be roughly 12 inches high

when she starts digging best not to let her see you watching her or she might abandon the hole

some people put a stick in the container so she can climb out afterwards.

playsand and soil i have read is a good mixture but not to wet,as she tunnels it needs to be dry enough not to collapse on top of her.

i only have a male but from research and from other forum members that have females it usually is a regular occurance and the signs are pretty easy to see.

i'm sure more experienced female keepers will give you more advice.

good luck

#5 ·
My first cham laid her first clutch at 14 months old and laid her second 3 months after. If you don't overfeed them and keep their temps slightly cooler (low 80's F) you can reduce the clutch size or even prevent them cycling infertiles at all. Check out this link under the keeping female veileds section: Successful Keeping of Veiled Chameleons

#7 ·
awww wish you were closer to me i'd love to have mista sire some babies

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.