Reptile Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well we rent our house through a property place and we told them we had pets as they generally dont allow pets but if the landlord allows then its ok
well our landlords fine with it we just had to put a bit extra down for a deposit understanably incase they did any damage to the property

my question is, who here is in rented accomodation and keeps pets on the sneak!!

random one i no just out of nosiness!lol

·
Registered
5,727 Posts
we rent from a private landlord, he knows we have one corn snake, doesnt know about the milk snake. Doesnt know about the BRB coming nxt month either :Na_Na_Na_Na:. its not as if they are gna chew thru wires or scratch the wall paper is it ?

·
Registered
12,007 Posts
We rent, all our non "caged" pets we had to put a non returnable deposit down on they are aware and have seen all our reptiles.

Marina:)

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
im sure it wouldnt be a peoblem though wats one snake gona do that ten couldnt?!
lol
worst thinng they escape just make sure u find them b4 u move out!hehehe!

·
Registered
25,686 Posts
I'm renting at the moment but specifically told my landlady first... could maybe hide some reptiles but can't really hide a german shepherd and a border collie and not worth the stress/worry of lying and wondering if I'm going to get kicked out.

Had to pay triple the usual deposit but I know I'll get it back so not really bothered :)

·
Registered
635 Posts
im in a council flat so im aloud all pets except farm animals and reptiles. which sucks as they are the best types of pet.

i managed to get them to allow me to keep reptiles and they put it in the contract but i have to have locks on the enclosures: victory:

i was thinking about getting a couple of those little dwarf goats for the back garden but im not sure the council will flex that far. 1 day though:smile:

·
Registered
996 Posts
Im in rented accomodation and keep my pets without my landlord knowing, but i am also a qualified letting agent :lol2:

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
our council has never said anything about ours, and we have had a few of the council people over to sort a few things out and they have not said a word about not having them, the only things we are not allowed is dogs or cats, although 2 of our neighbours have dogs, and 1 has a cat!!!

Which is not an issue as its unfair to keep a dog in a flat I feel, and if you do, then its an annoyance having to take them down the stairs all the time when they need to go, unless your happy with a house that sticks!

·
Registered
635 Posts
Which is not an issue as its unfair to keep a dog in a flat I feel, and if you do, then its an annoyance having to take them down the stairs all the time when they need to go, unless your happy with a house that sticks!
bit of a generalisation but a fair point

i have a labradour and i live in a ground floor flat. but he is never left at home alone. while im at work he goes to my mums to keep her dog company and at the weekends he goes where ever i go

·
Registered
5,282 Posts
im in housing association with the parents, and our agreement states NO PETS.

But we kinda have over 30 atm, inc GSD, Cat, Rats, Reps and bugs.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
bit of a generalisation but a fair point

i have a labradour and i live in a ground floor flat. but he is never left at home alone. while im at work he goes to my mums to keep her dog company and at the weekends he goes where ever i go
Im not meaning anything personal, its just my oppinion as I feel that there are too many people who keep the poor things locked up alot, they deserve to have free roam of the garden I feel, as thats what they enjoy and it helps with their excercise

This is why I will never get one, untill I get a house anyway! But if you live on a ground floor then its easier and quicker for them, when our neighbour takes theirs out, if it takes too long to go downstairs then the dog goes on our landing! Not amused!

·
Registered
7,023 Posts
im in a council flat so im aloud all pets except farm animals and reptiles. which sucks as they are the best types of pet.

i managed to get them to allow me to keep reptiles and they put it in the contract but i have to have locks on the enclosures: victory:

i was thinking about getting a couple of those little dwarf goats for the back garden but im not sure the council will flex that far. 1 day though:smile:
Same as me but they don't know i have reptiles/or pet rats, they know i have a dog and two cats and are ok with that but not about the snakes, once i've sold the rest i'll be left with 4 snakes and 4 rats so they should be ok with that i hope...

·
Registered
635 Posts
Im not meaning anything personal, its just my oppinion as I feel that there are too many people who keep the poor things locked up alot, they deserve to have free roam of the garden I feel, as thats what they enjoy and it helps with their excercise

This is why I will never get one, untill I get a house anyway! But if you live on a ground floor then its easier and quicker for them, when our neighbour takes theirs out, if it takes too long to go downstairs then the dog goes on our landing! Not amused!
the guy above me, who still lives with his mum at the age of 49, has 2 jack russels which have had no training and are the 2 most evil little creatures on the face of the earth. they just want to tear everything that breaths into tiny little shreds.

i had to go up there as there was water comeing through our ceiling. when i got up there they had lino in every room and it was sticky and stianed where the dogs had c*****d every where. to make it worse the little gremlins attacked me. one got my ankle and the other locked onto my calf.

once i managed to swing them off i barked at them, the guys face was priceless, and chased them into the front room and slammed the door. i just left quietly and an appology note was dropped through my door a couple of hours later.

was priceless really:lol2:

·
Registered
7,023 Posts
I had to take my mums dog in as she died last year and with him being 10 years old it was that or sent to death as the RSPCA said that a dog his age wont be re-homed but put to sleep....So it's only unfair if the person does not want to take the dog out but i have no problem with that and am looking for a new home for him with a garden but that takes time...

·
Registered
8,541 Posts
I rent and my lanlord is not bothered about me having pets.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts