Reptile Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my two toegther and am now hopin have some babies on the way but don't really know much about the process,
I've been readin up about building a incubator thats cool but just wanted help with a few questions,
Will she start to act differently before laying, like will she need some where to lay them secluded?
And I take it i have to get the egg's out quickly before they try to eat them ?
Cheers J

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
usually takes 4/6 weeks before she will lay. she will start to dig which is a sign that the eggs are due...you need to provide her somewhere to lay at this point but i would suggest you set it up before...

a heaped sand in a corner usually works pretty well..she'll want to dig a tunnel she can get her body into so make it quite big!

let her finish layin and filling in her hole first before you remove the eggs..the reason you need to take them out is because the conditions in the viv will not be right to incubate the eggs rather than the risk of her eating them! :)

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cool thanks,
only problem is i don't keep them on sand because of compaction they are on repti carpet.
Would moss or anything like that be suitable ?
Then again Izzy will prob try and eat it :s
J

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
yeah she prob would!! :)
just put a pile of damp sand in one corner of the viv...it's much easier than pissing around with laying pots!

·
Registered
13,813 Posts
yep or possibly a tub of vermiculite.
or sand and top soil mix

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
DEANandTRESE said:
yep or possibly a tub of vermiculite.
or sand and top soil mix
would they lay i vermiculite? can't say i've ever tried it!?
sand and topsoil is def good though.... :)

·
Registered
13,813 Posts
apparently... lol
i havent had any luck with anything as of yet lol.. but have had hanging around guarding vermiculite and have had 2 ppl in person tell me thats what they have used.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
i got a medium sized faunarium, (plastic tub LOL) and filled it with damp play sand, the stuff you can get from argos for £2.50 for a big bag, and just moistened it down to a ''sand castle'' consistancy! mine always finds it, and that way i can remove it from the viv to locate the eggs. :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts