Reptile Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anyone knows if 'ficus natasja' is safe for cresties? It does have a white sticky sap and it says it can cause irritation but I wondered if that effects cresties?

·
Registered
155 Posts
Id say no because as we know cresties are clumsy at the best of times so sap will cause major issues if digested. There are a load of safe plants out there and lots are ficus so id look at getting another.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok cheers, I picked it up today only because it was £3, do yo know any types that are 100% safe?

·
Registered
155 Posts
Truth is any ficus is safe to use just not the ones with sap. Ficus benjamena pardon the spelling is one off the top of my head.There is a list of safe plants on the forum somewhere. For color bromalids are nice

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok cheers for that, I knew I've seen ficus pop up a few times just wanted to be safe

·
Registered
103 Posts
Millis3 said:
Ok cheers for that, I knew I've seen ficus pop up a few times just wanted to be safe
There is a list of toxic plants to avoid in the habitat section. It isn't listed there.

Posted from Reptileforums.co.uk App for Android

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
There is a list of toxic plants to avoid in the habitat section. It isn't listed there.

Ok cheers I'm gonna look into it a bit further, the last thing I want is to harm the cresties. Just want some live plants in there to get a good supply of clean oxygen and so it looks more natural.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Millis3 said:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul_c

Ok cheers I'm gonna look into it a bit further, the last thing I want is to harm the cresties. Just want some live plants in there to get a good supply of clean oxygen and so it looks more natural.
Have a look at Just Airplants. There is a reptile section with all safe plants. Send Gill an email with your requirements and she will be happy to help you.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Have a look at Just Airplants. There is a reptile section with all safe plants. Send Gill an email with your requirements and she will be happy to help you.

Brilliant cheers for that

·
Registered
103 Posts
Millis3 said:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul_c

Brilliant cheers for that
No worries. Also have a look at the planted section in the habitat section. Loads of handy threads on there. But be careful, once you see some of the amazing planted set ups it becomes addictive....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts