Reptile Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey all i have a b smithi and she is absolutley gorgeous
but i heard these spiders wer docile?????????

hell no not this 1 lol dont think there is anything i can do with her????
surly u cant tame a spider?????

thanx

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
lol i kno she wont kill me but fuk it hurts lol

she got me once dont fancy it again lol

she was fine as a baby but its only recently nothin has changed in her viv
so cant understand why she's gone so fiesty almost jumps towards my hand

·
Registered
322 Posts
Has she moulted recently? Sometimes their temperament changes after a moult.

My smithi moulted a couple of weeks ago and has turned into a right moody cow, I was flicked at for the first time yesterday :gasp:

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
she moulted about 4 weeks ago? but she's normally fine after i even had 2 help her out once cos she was a bit dry n was stuck had my fingers right by her fangs but she didnt bother, since she bit me im a bit hessitant towards her do u think she could be picking up on that?

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
lol no way

she's gorgeous but i would rather be able 2 handle har again
if i wanted just 2 look at would of got an ornamental or summat

either way i'l keep her ;): victory:

just cant understand y she's so unbearable towards me

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
My girl has also sometimes her weird moments. Although she never flicked hair (only the day before she moulted and I tried to move her away from the water bowl to clean it) and never bit .. Sometimes she is so lazy that locusts can crawl over her body without making her move ..

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
she moulted about 4 weeks ago? but she's normally fine after i even had 2 help her out once cos she was a bit dry n was stuck had my fingers right by her fangs but she didnt bother, since she bit me im a bit hessitant towards her do u think she could be picking up on that?
Nah, they're not bright enough to pick up on your mood.

You may have just startled her.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thats what i thought at first i might of startled her so i left her a few hours then tried 2 go near her and she was having none of it started flicking hairs and even reared up fangs fully out lol
its been days now and still she is persistent that im not allowed in her space, could she be territorial? but why now and never b4? sorry for all the questions but im gutted

·
Registered
20,002 Posts
Some are aggressive, my mate had one that was a total BITCH, so he sold her. mine was a little saint (Although he did love to flick hairs abit) lol. was cool though i could handle him and things.

As for taming...... nope i doubt they can be tamed. it should be fine when its on you so if you manage to get it out the tub just try guide it on your hand and dont make any sudden movements :lol2:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts