Reptile Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
890 Posts
If you already have the tank I'd go for a Fluval 2 internal. If you havent got the tank I'd look for one with the filter included, like Juwel or Elite (Hagen)

·
Registered
715 Posts
a bit more info on the tank would help,is it an old glass tank thats been in the shed for years or new.vase is rite if you are going for a new set up then i feel juwel is the best make to have.:2thumb:

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
best off with an eheim aquaball filter, they last forever and they do a great job.

Don't get one of the elite filters. They are crap to be honest, like really, really bad

·
Registered
890 Posts
Yeah, the stingrays. Forgot about them, my bad :bash:

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Its one my antie gave me she stoped using it bout 2 months ago it mesures 18" long 12" deep & 15" high excluding the hood

·
Registered
13,825 Posts
Yeah, the stingrays. Forgot about them, my bad :bash:
Do you think stingrays are good or bad? :lol2:

I have one on my shrimp tank, works fine. :2thumb: But then again, it would take like 5 months for the nitrate to build upto 10 :lol2:

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
they are appalling. As are fluval really but at least the fluvals work if you keep them clean

·
Registered
7,270 Posts
I have used ehiem filters and fluval filters in the past and i would really recommend the ehiem filters as they are near enough silent, really easy to clean out and they keep the tank crystal clear. I used fluval for a while but thought that the service i got from the ehiem filter is alot better, but this is my opinion others may have different views

·
Registered
13,825 Posts
they are appalling. As are fluval really but at least the fluvals work if you keep them clean
honestly, i think the stingrays are brilliant for small shrimp/snail tanks. however, as soon as you move into fish they are crappy..

·
Registered
7,270 Posts
honestly, i think the stingrays are brilliant for small shrimp/snail tanks. however, as soon as you move into fish they are crappy..
I have heard that these filters are pretty noisy, i couldn't use a filter if it is noisy as aquarium is in bedroom:whistling2::2thumb:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts