Reptile Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sooo excited my GF is buying it for me and ive wanted one for soo so long lol, getting a nice collection of rhacodactylus now: victory:.

Any tips on care and does anyone know if they eat CGD?

·
Registered
5,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok thanks, really? what size? ive got an arboreal viv about 3x3x2.5 (WxHxD) split down the middle(DIY JOB) so its 1.5x3x2.5, it is an adult im getting.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
lol mate.

should always do that before getting a new reptile, but ill let you off :devil:

similar care to crested gecko :lol2:

I hope you have plenty of nice big cork bark slabs, or tubes, because they really do appreciate it from what iv'e read.

good care sheet below

Leapin Leachies High Quality LocalitySpecific Rhacodactylus

p.s can i have your gf?

·
Registered
450 Posts
They're care is the same as cresteds for temps, obviously a larger viv but not too large. They prefer cork hollows to branches and are primarily frugivorous so will feed mainly on cgd etc, they'll also take the occaisional pink.

·
Registered
5,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
lol yeh i know what i need to know, i was looking for personel experience and tips. I have a load of cork hollows and a BIG viv, its an adult male im getting this evening, cant wait lol
EDIT: lmao hexem just noticed your bit on the gf lol but naah shes mine, she is wonderful

·
Registered
5,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
sorry mate didnt wanna come across as rude, i meant that ive been reading up on them for aaaggges and im looking for tips and previous experiences of other hobbiest's.

·
Registered
14,909 Posts
ok well my little un loved its hollow tubes and bark.. an adult.. the viv you have sounds fine :)

i didnt handle mine as it seemed to put it off its food.. it didnt eat for the first few weeks but then when it did start it ate everything...

mine was fairly shy, you didnt often see it out at all.. and i kept it similar to my crested geckos...

i tried live with mine but it wasnt very interested...

apart from that.. i think its all about learing about your individula animal as you go along.. as they are all quite different in the details..

good luck x

·
Registered
5,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Im getting him today now instead of yesterday, thanks the one im collecting is a bit nasty apparently and cant handle him much but doesnt bother me i love em. Ive got loads of cork hollows ad foliage in the set-up but no lighting as it gets the day night cycle from the daylight.
EDIT: also i have a big viv split down the middle one side has cresties and the other is for the leachie, will this cause problems for either animal? they cannot see each other or get to each other obviously but im thinking of the scent from either gecko will disturb eitherr?
Thanks

·
Registered
5,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
:devil: Due to being let down by my lift, its now guoing to be tommorow or tuesday im picking up but will get pics up when hes here: victory:

·
Registered
14,909 Posts
Im getting him today now instead of yesterday, thanks the one im collecting is a bit nasty apparently and cant handle him much but doesnt bother me i love em. Ive got loads of cork hollows ad foliage in the set-up but no lighting as it gets the day night cycle from the daylight.
EDIT: also i have a big viv split down the middle one side has cresties and the other is for the leachie, will this cause problems for either animal? they cannot see each other or get to each other obviously but im thinking of the scent from either gecko will disturb eitherr?
Thanks

id definately not use a split viv for cresties and leachies... if they do sense or HEAR one another that could be very stressful causing allsorts of issues.. and also you need to think about quarentine..

id personally be looking at getting it a seperate viv ASAP.. :)

·
Registered
5,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
If its split though its not really different from having 2 vivs next to eachother or ob top of each other.

·
Registered
14,909 Posts
If its split though its not really different from having 2 vivs next to eachother or ob top of each other.

How have you split it.. and id still be thinkling about quarentine..

perosnally id want to give a leachy its own viv not a split viv and I would be keeping it directly next to cresties either.. my leachie was in a part of a shelving unit which had 3 sides covered.. front abck and sides of enclosure.... and at least 8 weeks quarentine in a seperate room

but its up to you..

1 - 20 of 20 Posts