Reptile Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. I am a new reptile owner who just adquired a fire skink. He was introduced to his terrarium at around 13:20 WET (Currently 21:40) and (as far as I know) has still not touched its water bowl. I get the acclimatisation has been stressful and that i should have left the package he arrived in inside the terrarium (I did not know that was how I was supposed to do it), but I'm scared he might not be able to drink if he doesn't do so know. His water bowl is kind of tall so he might not associate it with water until he drinks from it since he should not have seen the water yet. He's currently hidden below the substrate. I turned off the lights for a while so he'd be more comfortable and its been a while since that. Any ideas on how to tackle this problem? Is it even a problem or am I just a bit too stressed about this whole thing? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
33,356 Posts
Hi everyone. I am a new reptile owner who just adquired a fire skink. He was introduced to his terrarium at around 13:20 WET (Currently 21:40) and (as far as I know) has still not touched its water bowl. I get the acclimatisation has been stressful and that i should have left the package he arrived in inside the terrarium (I did not know that was how I was supposed to do it), but I'm scared he might not be able to drink if he doesn't do so know. His water bowl is kind of tall so he might not associate it with water until he drinks from it since he should not have seen the water yet. He's currently hidden below the substrate. I turned off the lights for a while so he'd be more comfortable and its been a while since that. Any ideas on how to tackle this problem? Is it even a problem or am I just a bit too stressed about this whole thing? Thanks in advance.
Most lizards don't always drink & will only do so when they feel like it.

·
Registered
859 Posts
I don't even know the number of lizards I have seen over the years, a few thousand, and I can probably count the number of times I have seen a lizard drink from a bowl on my fingers.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts