Reptile Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my new beardie
i got him yesterday, he has a few nails missing and his tail looks like its been nipped when younger but he is gorgeous and his temperament is lush, got him off beardie daz on here and i love him already
just wanted to show you him.

·
Registered
124 Posts
He's gorgeous!!!

Beardies are ace, i love ours to peices she has a cracking personality, always doing something crazy.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
im not sure how old he is
the previous owner said no older than a year but this is my first one so not too good with ages
if any1 has an idea feel free.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Oh wait i can now:blush:

id i geuss a few months, possibly reaching a year but still a few months away

·
Registered
9,608 Posts
How long is it and how heavy? From looking at those pictures it looks either pretty young or a bit stunted and slightly emaciated; could just be angles etc though...

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
hes about ten inches and weighs 75 grams
ive only had him less than a day and i dnt know how hes been treated previously etc
i hope h isnt ill or anything.

·
Registered
9,608 Posts
A healthy 3-4 month old could be 75g... Phoenix (one of my latest dragons) is now just over 4 months old and is 130g. Millie (another youngster) is around 3.5 months old and was 76g last time I weighed her... These two are growing fairly quickly, but I've seen males that grow even faster. Do you know when the previous owner got it?

Have you got any overhead shots showing his body / legs / head all at the same level? It's easier to get an idea of proportions that way.

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Mine are eleven inches , they are approx four months..they do look fatter than yours , then again they do love their food , this morning they polished off about forty black and brown cricks (size 4) between them!..and they will have more later..and some veggies too...hope this gives you some idea...: victory:

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i have to go to work now but i will take some pictures later this evning and post them up

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Good good, mine has always dwindled in eating like a machine like people say they do, but he is still heavier than yours, and he is around 11 months know :/

If i look real hard at your pics his thighs seem slightly thin, and correct me if im wrong but they are supposed to be chunky are they not? i cant really tell how thick the base of the tail is, but that to should be rather chunky...

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
This is some shots off him from above
i dont know whats wrong with him and like i said i only got him yesterday so dont start havin a go at me just tell me what i can do to help him if hes ill.

·
Registered
4,420 Posts
he is a sweety.....no one will have a go they where asking for overhead shots so they can have a better look and give you advice on what to do :)

·
Registered
9,608 Posts
This is some shots off him from above
i dont know whats wrong with him and like i said i only got him yesterday so dont start havin a go at me just tell me what i can do to help him if hes ill.
It does look a bit "lollipopped", and those two photos make it look like the top of its tail bones might be protruding a bit...

Unless there's some incredibly bizarre trick of the light going on, it's going to need feeding well on high-quality, gut-loaded food, in an optimal setup. Personally I'd be tempted to get him checked over by a vet; it's going to be very hard for anyone on the forum to tell what its actual condition is without seeing it firsthand. Getting a new animal checked by a vet is always good practice, especially when its background isn't 100% clear (an age of "a few months to a year" constitutes a somewhat unclear background in my book). A vet may also be able to spot any other problems with it, and can take down some notes. It means if his condition does deteriorate and he has to see the vet in the future, the vet already has an idea of how he was, which will help him determine the course of treatment. It's much easier for a vet to do it that way than to try to interpret what an owner tells them about what it was like 6 months ago...

Best of luck with it.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts