Reptile Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

Registered
Get this on MM for all the Royal fans!
Then I鈥檓 going to ask questions!

(Slowly leaving this site I think, much better community over there I鈥檝e found! Especially for geckos )

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered
I am sooo happy, we got our first clutch of Royal Pythons today 馃榿

They are incubating now but I took a quick pic.

I candled them, looks like we have 6 and no duds 馃
Excellent... I'm still waiting for my female lesser pastel to make up her mind to ovulate ! - I thought she was in ovulation around 6 weeks back, looked a bit plumper and even had a bit of tail suck, but she was already in blue. She shed and no sign of any eggs so couldn't have been an ovulation, which also proves the theory about tail suck isn't a definite sign. She was paired again two weeks ago (locks are now almost 15 since January) and has been off food (shows a little interest, but no take) for a month now.... just have to see what happens after her next shed.

What was the pairing that produced your first 2021 clutch ?

Registered
Morphmarket community.
Joined March and it鈥檚 brilliant, was going to post about it on here for people but was unsure if allowed.
Ahhh....I find it just as toxic... I posted on a post about husbandry software and was slated by the guy who used to be involved in herper pro - seems as a "sponsor" he had some clout as I got a slap from the mods. All I did was tell the truth.. his company left ever user unable to use their software without notice....

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The pairing is firefly and spider.

We have another female that I'm pretty sure it's carrying as she has got lighter in colour and the tail suck so fingers crossed for that one too!

I'm a little concerned as humidity seems to stick at about 83%. There are slight holes so I'm going to try to cover them up later, hopefully that will help 馃

Registered
The pairing is firefly and spider.
Shhhh don't tell anyone you're breeding from a spider....

As for the humidity, like you I I use egg grate to support the eggs, which allows for the vermiculate to be be quite saturated to hold up the humidity levels... so maybe covering the holes will help

Registered
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have read people not happy with the combination of spiders.

But this guy has hardly any head wobble, so much so that i only really notice it after he has eat.

I really love the spider gene.

We have a Champaign with no head wobble at all, but she is too small to breed despite her age.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I tried 2 other hygrometers, the first one was wrong it is 99% humidity, so I've left the holes as they are for now

Registered
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So a little update, humidity is stuck at around 90-95% one egg is sunken, but still white in colour so fingers crossed it will make it 馃

Today we had a lovely morning... our next clutch of 6 eggs that's gone into the incubator 馃榿

Please ignore the paper towel, we had ants a few days ago and this was a quick fix for her

Registered
So a little update, humidity is stuck at around 90-95% one egg is sunken, but still white in colour so fingers crossed it will make it 馃

Today we had a lovely morning... our next clutch of 6 eggs that's gone into the incubator 馃榿
She's gorgeous, what's the pairing ?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks, Male is black pewter and female suppose to be Mojave, but she is quite light so I'm no longer certain on that 馃槼

Registered
I was wondering about that. Whilst she has the mojave markings, her colour is light, almost lesser, but then there is no fading down the flanks so no lesser, but she had yellow on the neck, so could there be pastel in the mix ?? - It will be interesting to see what comes of this.....But she is beautiful

Registered
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Husband said she does not pastel and I've looked into it, it appears to be again the wrong colouring.

I agree not lesser, we have a lesser here and not the same.

I've seen a Mojave fusion that has the same colouring, but not similar markings so I'm a little unsure.

Will be interesting to see what she produces, hopefully it will help us determine what she is 馃

Registered
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
We have a lesser and she is very different so I'm really not sure what to think lol

She may just be a Mojave that looks different

Registered
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
All 6 babies are out but one hadn鈥檛 absorbed it鈥檚 yolk and it was stuck, we have helped Remove the yolk but its small at 24.7 grams. I鈥檓 so worried about it, any suggestions to help and has anyone had anything like this happen?

We鈥檝e tried food but it鈥檚 so not interested, I expected as much but I鈥檓 super worried about this one. We are going to try feeding again tomorrow but I鈥檓 worried it is too early

This was the poor little thing with the yolk stuck (now removed).

I so want to save it

1 - 20 of 27 Posts