Reptile Forums banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
10,244 Posts
All 6 babies are out but one hadn’t absorbed it’s yolk and it was stuck, we have helped Remove the yolk but its small at 24.7 grams. I’m so worried about it, any suggestions to help and has anyone had anything like this happen?

We’ve tried food but it’s so not interested, I expected as much but I’m super worried about this one. We are going to try feeding again tomorrow but I’m worried it is too early

This was the poor little thing with the yolk stuck (now removed).

I so want to save it View attachment 352026
I would have left the yolk to be absorbed.
Royals rarely feed as soon as they hatch.
Let it shed, then try. Royals can also be VERY hard to get feeding,.you may have to resort to live feeding to start with.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
The snake wasn't moving about with it inside as it was hard. And research has shown that a snake will not survive with it inside so after several hours of the snake not moving about we had to make a decision. I'm going to check on it in the morning 🤞

·
Registered
7 Posts
I've hatched a 24g Banana Pin, he dropped his yolk immediately after leaving the egg. I assist fed him an ASF pup (3g) after day 3, he's now looking better and took a second pup on his own 4 days later. Frozen thawed by the way. I'd try and get some nutrition into it ASAP

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Thanks, we are going to try again today as he should of had a bit of time to rest 🤞

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·

So all have shed apart from lil one. So I think they are the following. Correct me if I’m wrong:

Firebee
Bumblebee
Spider
Spider
Firefly

Will get pic of lil one when it sheds. I'm really happy with the odds, just need to get them to eat 😬

21 - 27 of 27 Posts