Reptile Forums banner

first royal :)

Tags
happy royal
773 views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  lukestephens1 
#1 ·
Got my first royal today after having geckos and a tortoise for years finally move out of home and alowed a snake :)
Got him from someone who had a white bulb in, no thermostat and the water bowl was dried up! Only one hide in a 3ft viv! As soon as I got him home ad his setup sorted (ceramic heat lamp thermostat and a few branches and new hide) he went straight for the fresh water and stayed there for 5 minutes!
He is currently happily exploring around in the right heat and checking out his new surroundings :)

Just got to wait and see how the feeding goes!

#4 ·
Hey congrats on the new snakey. Looking at the pic you've added I can see a lot of retained shed. Is it still like that? If it is then you're gonna need to bathe the babe and help get that off. It looks a sorry state in the pic I'm sorry to say :(

#9 ·
Gave him a bath this morning, got most off his back just on his head now he will try again later then like you say a few days peace :)
He has been fine with getting him out tho which is great and Yeh he is abit under the weather but nothing abit of proper care and love can't solve! :D

Do you think he looks skinny? He is meant to be 2yrs but seems small for that? I will weigh him in a few days don't want to mess him about too much! :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.