Reptile Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
13,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My first attempt at T breeding was buying a mated female P. regalis. For the last month she'd been webbed into her hide and had thrown out a lot of substrate to make a bowl shape at the bottom. From the size of her bum I was pretty sure she was carrying eggs, but tonight when I looked she had moulted. :cry:

I'm a bit disappointed (well make that very disappointed) but I guess these things happen, and I'll give her another go if I can find a male :)

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
Aw, that's a shame, better luck next time.

Regalis are quite widely kept so I'm sure coming across a MM can't be to hard to come by.

·
Registered
13,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yup I've already sourced a couple, just waiting to see which one can get to me soonest.

Zane - still hopeful re the formosa, she's looking a bit fatter :)

·
Registered
8,380 Posts
I hate it when that happends.

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
Fingers crossed.

Also, I must ask:
Lisa, why have you developed this unhealthy obsession with sig-quoting me? :gasp:

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
Yh it must be really gutting! Out of all the times it could have moulted lol it just so happened to do so when it was gravid lol. So how do they moult out of it when they are carrying eggs. Or are the eggs fertilised once the eggs are in the eggsac because by this time she would have moulted her spermethacae (am i right?). it always confuses me. Somebody shed some light lol - get it SHED some light lol

·
Registered
13,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well I didn't know for sure she was gravid. I just assumed she was because she was fat. But she is huge anyway (about 9") so maybe she just ate a lot before I got her. She didn't grow noticeably after that.

·
Registered
9,462 Posts
Tis why I never classed mated females as anythin more than a 'normal' one mate, you don't know if they have even been mated, what condition the male was in/how old he was, whether transit could cause her to lose condition etc.

Best of luck with pairin her up yourself :D

My Formosa girl has become extremely defensive/aggressive, an is also gettin fatter, so fingers crossed for us both :D

·
Registered
13,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well she was bought from a local keeper who had mated the same male to a few females, and as far as I'm aware there have been no sacs from any of the pairings. I think I've found a male, so as soon as she's out and about and the male is here, I'll give her another go.

·
Registered
9,462 Posts
well she was bought from a local keeper who had mated the same male to a few females, and as far as I'm aware there have been no sacs from any of the pairings. I think I've found a male, so as soon as she's out and about and the male is here, I'll give her another go.
Mint, if not Luke and Matt both have MM's :)

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Tis why I never classed mated females as anythin more than a 'normal' one mate, you don't know if they have even been mated, what condition the male was in/how old he was, whether transit could cause her to lose condition etc.

Best of luck with pairin her up yourself :D

My Formosa girl has become extremely defensive/aggressive, an is also gettin fatter, so fingers crossed for us both :D
It was from me mate, and collected in person. The male belonged to Guy Tansley, and it looks like it could have been a duff one. No idea how old he was before he was sent to me either. And I sold the female as mated, but for a normal price.

Sorry to hear that Lisa. It was sounding good. If I get any luck from the regalis I've webbed up at the moment, pop round and I'll sort you out.

·
Registered
13,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It was from me mate, and collected in person. The male belonged to Guy Tansley, and it looks like it could have been a duff one. No idea how old he was before he was sent to me either. And I sold the female as mated, but for a normal price.

Sorry to hear that Lisa. It was sounding good. If I get any luck from the regalis I've webbed up at the moment, pop round and I'll sort you out.
cheers Dan - I didn't want to mention your name without asking :) I think I've found another male, so once she's out and about, I'll give her another go.

·
Registered
9,462 Posts

Fair enough bud, that removes the first problem then ;)

Same here though Lisa, my big girl should be ready to drop soon, if she does you can have some slings.

·
Registered
888 Posts
Aw, suck's Lisa.
My Regalis is at Roy's atm, hopefully it's gonna be a success. :2thumb:

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
my t.blondi molted 1 weekago do you think i should try to breed her, even if its my first go at breeding, ive been watching robc's vids on youtube and hes explained a lot

1 - 19 of 19 Posts