Reptile Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Apparently a she. Not a great picture but i am happy with her and i must say all about 6 inches of her have more guts than my 4 foot Milk. She puffs up, hisses and is all around gorgeous while doing it, very happy.

Is it wrong i never want her to grow up or tame down too much!

·
Registered
3,532 Posts
Awh! :flrt: she's about the same size as my little male.... although I think mines broken, he comes out quite happily, im yet to experience a hood or hiss:blush:

·
Registered
623 Posts
cant beat hoggies, cutest things going. my male is a softy but my female is an absolute cow, she hates me with a vengeance and has a full on hissy fit when i go anywhere near her viv. i get the hood, the dance, the puffing of the body, hissing with all her might followed by her throwing herself at the glass in the viv in a effort to get rid of me :whistling2:

·
Registered
82 Posts
My hoggies defense mechanisms broken - they hiss and puff and hood and that makes me want to pick them up more!!

·
Registered
468 Posts
Aaaah, the attitude was one of the main reasons I got into these guys (that and the adorable shovelface!)

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
She is already taming down. I'm sure she will eventually get a strop on again. Hopefully it will be as funny when she is bigger.

After the musk and defecating of the milk snake, i must say the hood and bluffing is infinitely preferred as far as defense mechanisms go. I just don't like how tiny she is/will be.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
She is already taming down. I'm sure she will eventually get a strop on again. Hopefully it will be as funny when she is bigger.

After the musk and defecating of the milk snake, i must say the hood and bluffing is infinitely preferred as far as defense mechanisms go. I just don't like how tiny she is/will be.
second that! our cali king is a bugger for musking, our hoggy doesnt hood up and head bash much but he has been like a football hooligan the last few feeds since his fast - headering wee mice to 'death' is obviously is prefered method of late

1 - 12 of 12 Posts