Reptile Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off, I just got my first Pleco, Bulldog. I reaserched into their diet etc but he won't seem to eat what it says, I gave him some cucumber, but it was untouched after a day so I took it out so it don't pollute tank, than yesterday I dropped a cube of frozen food but he/she didn't touch it, Im slightly worried because they can't live off just algea...?

And about Platties, I got a male swordtail and female sunset and he never chases her, she is quite plump but i cannot see a gravid spot? How do i know if she is preg? Thanks..

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
anyone pllls?:whistling2:

·
Registered
13,364 Posts
Don't worry - he'll eventually nibble at something as fish won't deliberately starve themselves. Just leave the veg and/or bloodworms in the tank for 24-48 hours and replace them as necessary. : victory:

·
Registered
256 Posts
i've had my bulldog plec for about 18 months now and it's been fine without more feeds, but now i've upgraded the tank size theres a little less algae for a few weeks so he;s started coming out for prawns, bloodworm and tetra prima

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks to both, he unfortunatley died. Prob water change shock etc..its that silly shop, i buy fish from there cause I feel sorry for them. 5 Gallon tank with about 10 Plecos...wtf. All fish from there usually with fungus and parasites..gr.

·
Registered
39,214 Posts
Thanks to both, he unfortunatley died. Prob water change shock etc..its that silly shop, i buy fish from there cause I feel sorry for them. 5 Gallon tank with about 10 Plecos...wtf. All fish from there usually with fungus and parasites..gr.
Then you're only perpetuating the cycle! Boycot bad shops, and dont buy the animals : victory:

Sorry it died.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.