Reptile Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,
My bargain from ebay got delivered today, here it is:

It came with a uv tube with starter and holder a ceramic bulb, Habba mist, thermostat and some plants etc. I couldnt resist a bargain but wont be getting anything to fill it for a while yet.
I'm thinking about getting a chameleon after Christmas (I have always loved them but want to get a bit more experiance first). I was just wondering out of interest are the flexariums ideal for any other type of lizard/snake?
Thanx for reading
Tanya xx

·
Banned
6,045 Posts
42 Rabbits?!?! :eek:mg:

·
Registered
77 Posts
LoL!
To answer your question.. aboreal species that require moderate humidity and low to moderate temps do quite well in them.
Species that need high humidity and temps dont because the flexarium does not hold in heat/humidity brilliantly.
The only examples I can think of off the top of my head are crested gecko's and chams.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
HeHe
Thanx for the replies. I Breed and show rabbits hence the amount!! I'm also a softy so give homes to many unwanted ones, unfortunatley I dont have the space or time to take them all in! It takes me a solid 6 hours a week to clean them out.
Well I must say I am in love with chams but think I will wait untill I see something turn up locally. Don't fancy having them courierd, especially with the weather we are having at the moment!
Tanya xxx

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
I am getting one for a Yemen cham. Good for the ventaliation, will have to spray a lot to keep the humidity up though. But you can get help with auto-misting systems, a waterfall, etc.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Simon said:
I am getting one for a Yemen cham. Good for the ventaliation, will have to spray a lot to keep the humidity up though. But you can get help with auto-misting systems, a waterfall, etc.
I was really lucky the flexarium came with a habba mist, just need to get some batteries as it has he wrong plug connection.

Lol Trice, If I had my way I would have more!! Luckily I have a very understanding Partner, and a large garden!!!

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Simon said:
I was really lucky the flexarium came with a habba mist, just need to get some batteries as it has he wrong plug connection.

Lol Trice, If I had my way I would have more!! Luckily I have a very understanding Partner, and a large garden!!!

Tanya xxx

·
Premium Member
15,027 Posts
Jesus Tanya... it takes me a good while to do all mine and we've only got 4 guinea pigs and a rabbit. Your family of animals must take you all day everyday to feed etc...

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
welshgaz said:
Jesus Tanya... it takes me a good while to do all mine and we've only got 4 guinea pigs and a rabbit. Your family of animals must take you all day everyday to feed etc...
HeHe,
Yes it does keep me busy! But I love every second of it, I quite often feel when I go to work on the evening its more of a break than when I'm at home! At least I manage to drink a cup of HOT tea!!!!
Tanya xxx

1 - 11 of 11 Posts