Registered
2,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
more pics of him unfurled so the experts here can see if he is in good health

[/list]

·
Premium Member
15,027 Posts
looks ok to me... have you tried warming the pink and leaving them both in a small warm container in the viv over night. Generally does the trick for most?

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
back history

Soz i should have given a better history.

Fed three times since bought (late Nov) no hassle and in a seperate tub, pinkie in tub (not handled by me) fluffy in, 5 mins later just a lumpy mr fluffy left in there.

Has shed once (13th Dec) in one piece (measured 15 inches), viv temps are correct (four thermometers monitoring air mat and tub temps)

4th feed has been a nightmare, last good feed was 14th dec and in the attempts since I have tried teasing, braining, warming, leaving with pinkie over night all to no avail. I also tried pinkie overnight in his hide in his tub and that was ignored

I also asked at the shop I got him from on wednesday and they mainly suggest the same thing and said if I have no joy in a week or so to ask for Darren who works there.

And the pics just posted were taken about 2 hours after popping the pinkie in.

·
Premium Member
23,539 Posts
How old is the snake?

Try leaving the pinkie in the corns viv. Right infront of their cave over night. Not sure if you've tried it, but might be the snake is shy?

Woops.. Didn't read that last bit haha. sorry.

Um.. My two love to have a little run around to get the pinkie, well they seem to love it..

try getting the pinkie close to the snakes mouth keeping on trying that? apparently it works for some people

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
tried that and he's not that shy (he's an inquisitive little bugger)

The only thing I am thinking is that the tub in the freezer with his pinkies does not have an air tight seal could this be making the pinkies unpalatable after a few weeks ?

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Right good news after no handling for 5 days and new pinkies bought a few days back.

Defrosted pinkie in feeding tub, warmed it through iwth a hairdryer.

popped him in and sniff sniff sniff wriggle SWALLOW whoo hooo a plumpr snake :2thumb:

I think it may have been down to a non air tight tub for the freezer and maybe they got contaminated the new batch of pinkies bought were still in the sealed bag so airtight tub will be bought today (plus the warming must have helped)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts