Reptile Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my female went blue a few days ago and how shes startin to go clear agian she eint been fed since wed cus i only got her on sat should i feed her

thanks mark

·
Registered
3,297 Posts
She's not gonna starve if you don't, but I always offer mine food as normal. If they want it, they'll take it, depends on the snake. My corn always takes it!

I'm not aware of any health reasons why you shouldn't feed - please someone correct me if I am wrong!

G

·
If your snake has just come out of the blue stage then i would leave the feeding untill after the shed.Although some snakes will eat durung slough it is not advisable to feed at this time as the upper layer of skin is still fairly tight around the body andf when the snake comes to slough the skin there is a larger chance of regurgitation or so i was told anyway.

·
Registered
21,190 Posts
my corn and boa both ate then shed the same night with no problems, but my royal wont eat upto three weeks before a shed so they are all different, i'm not aware of any health problems with feeding during shedding.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Most snakes I've had would feed when in shed but I have found it can slow down the shedding process a bit with some.
I leave all mine now until they've shed, doesn't hurt them at all.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts