Reptile Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

My beardie (Tiger) is now about 4-5 month old & is about 9-10 inches in length.

I have been feeding him small brown crix since I got him as I'm worried about impaction, etc.

However, he is going through crix like nobody's business & I'm concerned he's not getting the nutrition he needs. He is also a big salad eater as well.

So I'm thinking of now feeding him larger crix & maybe the odd locust.

Is this too soon?

·
Registered
250 Posts
no mine is about the same age and he eats standard crickets they are massive!! doesnt eat as many maybe 10 in a day but he has no problems jus big poops :oops:

·
Registered
17,120 Posts
Hey

The food items shouldnt be bigger than the gap between your beardies eyes

They do eat like bigs when they are younger! Although my 2 yr old beardie never grew out of it lol

·
Registered
21,190 Posts
mine is 9 months old and has been eating bigger crix and locusts for a while now, havent given her a pinky yet, though

·
Registered
146 Posts

Hey my beardie is around the same age as yours maybe a little younger but hes 13inchs from nose to tail tip so far and iv fed him small locusts/hoppers and largeish crix (ordered the wrong size on Livefoods :roll: ) and normal mealies and he can digest them fine. I was a bit worried about impaction at first but he seems to poop enuf so im happy. I wouldnt worry about nutrition so long as hes getting the correct vits and calcuim and eating and pooping he'll be ok.

·
Registered
4,905 Posts
well the ones were i used to work were fed size 2 / 4 locust from livefoodsdirect.co.uk so i dont know the equivelent size and they were really fit and healthy

·
Registered
391 Posts
My oscar ( see avatar) is about 3.5 yrs he eats locusts and is a fussy eater. He eats large or XL anything to small i get the evil eye from him. But he does luv waxies and mealworms. Just make sure you give the corrects vits and calc. Locuts have more goodness in them, but you need to make sure your food is gutloaded

He wont eat his green not matter what ive tried!! but he is good and healthy.
What substrate u using?? i do hope its not calci sand and that can cause health probs - been there dun that as they say :cry:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts