Reptile Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As title says above. These two lovely ladies are up for sale, they are my mums pride and joy but she cannot keep them any more due to her moving house. It's a real shame they have to go to be honest, they are friendly and very lively pet's.

Background info:
One has been mated and laid one egg, which was fertile and we still have he baby now. Also they are only 2 years old which is nothing as I have heard they can live for many more years!

As for the price i am only asking £20 for both. Sorry to be a pain but it is going to be collection only. Thanks!

Regards.

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Is the turtle hatched from the female two years old, or the female that laid the eggs currently two years old?

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
The turtle hatched around 6 months ago from the two year old female.
I am looking for more females musks, however this has made me sceptical.

If it really is two years old, that is not possible. Females dont mature till atleast 5 years, ussually alot later. How big are these musks?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I wouldn't be lying! And we got them as babies from the local reptile shop and it's only been two years since we bought them. Not to mention i witnessed mating and the egg laying. Our females are about the size of this line in length.

as for width.

Also i am only selling the turtles, sorry :p

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have one last thing to add here, whoever thinks these turtles cannot lay an egg and it hatch out a cute little female musk after only keeping the mother two years. (Two and a half when egg roughly hatched) You've got some simple minded idea that turtles can only grown at a certain speed.

Rant over, i don't like being accused of lying about my own loved pets.

P.s. Still available.

·
Super Moderator
16,920 Posts
I have one last thing to add here, whoever thinks these turtles cannot lay an egg and it hatch out a cute little female musk after only keeping the mother two years. (Two and a half when egg roughly hatched) You've got some simple minded idea that turtles can only grown at a certain speed.

Rant over, i don't like being accused of lying about my own loved pets.

P.s. Still available.
No one is accusing you of lying, but turtles have to be a certain age to produce young. Unless you hatched the two original ones yourself (or know the person who did) you wouldn't know the exact age of them.

You also say the baby is female, again it would be impossible to tell at such a young age.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
We had the original turts since they were very small from a reptile shop so your right about the fact I don't know the actual age. But seeing as we've had them from penny size shows they were still very young.

The old females are pretty big now and our little female is no longer a baby and I managed to sex her pretty well as the length of her tail gives it away quite clearly. Not to mention her flat 'tummy'. She is definitely a female now as she is quite a bit bigger and easier to sex.

Is it possible that we have rapidly growing musks? We keep them under a UVA and UVB bulb in 21* water at a rough estimate maybe a little warmer. Feeding on dry shrimp and brine with turtle pellets.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.