Reptile Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
For Sale: 3-year-old, captive bred male Australian Frilled Dragon.
Price: Open to offers but good home more important than money.
Accessories: none - current enclosure unsuitable
Location: Manchester - prefer to deliver so I can see who he's going to.

It's a sad day folks. Frilly Billy's gotta go. :cry: I've not got the room to keep him and no money to buy the enclosure he needs.

I'd like to see him go to a nice experienced and patient home.

Billy's enclosure isn't suitable for him so he wont be coming with that.

For a little more background info, see this post: Frilly Billy

·
Registered
3,529 Posts
awh he's gorgeous. think there are a few ppl l;ooking for these so you should have some luck :)

·
Registered
9,611 Posts
Damn him being a male.. im after a female aussie... got a male already :( Good luck rehoming him as he is lovely... im sure someone will want him.

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, guys. :) I gathered that the females were more sought after than the males. It's why poor Billy spent so long in the petshop. :(

Billy's sulking at the moment. :? I decided to clip his claws after the millionth time of being scratched to bits by him. I should have done it ages ago. I look like a self-harmer at the moment with all the scratches on my hands. I've got an interview tomorrow. I'll just have to hide my hands under the desk. :lol:

Just a couple more things I'll mention about Billy:

As you can probably tell from the pictures, he's in one of those Flexariums (plastic frame covered in nylon mesh-type-thingy). Although it's well heated, it's nowhere near humid enough for him. He's also chaffed his chin on the nylon when he's been running about, which has caused a little sore. He really needs a similar sized vivarium, which I can't afford at the moment so I've decided to let him go so he stays in good health.

He's got a good appetite and loves crickets, locust and silk worms. Haven't really tried him on anything else yet, but I think the petshop used to feed him mealworms (cant stand the things - yuck!). He doesn't usually touch anything in a dish, so I haven't managed to get him to eat anything non-bug-like.

Although he doesn't really like being handled and he'll flare up and give you a slap with his tail, he doesn't actually bite. Which is good 'cos his teeth are scary! :shock:

·
Premium Member
3,894 Posts
billy

what size viv will he need, he looks absolutely huge, we have chinese water dragon and three indonesian water dragons, he looks gorgeous, we havnt got a viv set up but im sure we can look into getting him one soon. we live in salford.

·
Registered
6,716 Posts
I'd love to take him, as i have a 4ft (High) by 4ft (Long) by 2ft (Wide) viv which isn't being occupied. I have all the neccesary equipment aswell. Just that i am based in Surrey which is quite a distance :(
Erm ... PM me with how much your looking for him and how far you can travel etc
Hope to hear from you soon.
Thanks Anthony :D

·
Registered
9,611 Posts
He'd need a wider viv Anthony... they like to run around alot...

·
Registered
8,469 Posts
What would be the ideal viv sze for him to be really happy?
My hubby would love him, I mean really love him.
I'm not far either. Hubby would no doubt build a viv. He's good at that!

Really seriously interested if it is possible, like viv size etc Got plenty of equipment so thats not a problem.
xx
Laura

edit: Just found care sheet. viv size 4foot high x 3 foot wide (I asume 2 or 3 foot deep!) I do have 2 of 4 foot x 2 foot (high) x 1ft deep if anyone wants to a half swap deal for a viv of the right size? lol

·
Registered
3,529 Posts
i'd say a 6ft long x 3 ft hight x 2/3ft depth would be nice for him

·
Registered
6,716 Posts
NNY said:
He'd need a wider viv Anthony... they like to run around alot...

Alright cheers bud... looks like Pimp will get him, as they are closer, which would be better as less stress etc. I could always knock up a bigger viv if need be :D
I suppose it'll be ok for a lil while (week or so) untill i knock one up :wink:
I have all neccesary equipment, such as basking lights, UV lights, decor etc
Carlie PM me if you want or email me at [email protected]
Thanks Anthony :D

·
Registered
13,813 Posts
ofcourse frillys are arboreal... i know they like to run also but shouldnt thier enclosure be arboreal oriented?

·
Registered
8,469 Posts
yup, thats what I've just been reading up on.
Just feeling sorry that I have 17 snakes and he has 3 lizards lol

He has already expressed a serious interest in frillies. He has his 2 leo's and our 6 year old rescued B.dragon who came to us 4 1/2 years ago with met. Misery with me but god is she in love with hubby! lol

·
Registered
13,813 Posts
pimp are u prolly going to be getting him?

·
Registered
8,469 Posts
Haven't heard anything back hun, and Hubby is away til Saturday afternoon. He went away with work on Thursday morning. (missing Mr Pimp :cry: )

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Billy no longer needs rehoming and will be staying with me.

A big thank you to everybody who offered to help out.

Carlie
xxxx

·
Registered
13,813 Posts
good to hear

1 - 16 of 16 Posts