Reptile Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Total of 16 fire salamanders (s.s.terrestris) for sale, willing to sell an individual for £30 where one or more is already owned by buyer. Juveniles only, aged approx 3-4 months (including aquatic phase) as of 1st April. The first pair will be ready to go by 15th April.

Unusual and fascinating pet, very little care required, so great for beginners. Must demonstrate sound knowledge of animals and their care. Would prefer collection (from Tiverton, Devon) but would be willing to look at overnight courier (buyer to pay for). Please contact me with any questions, I will only sell to the right buyer so am more than willing to discuss details. Please contact me if you would like any photos.

THESE ARE CURRENTLY ON THE IUCN RED LIST AS A CONSERVATION INTEREST. THEY ARE VERY DIFFICULT TO PURCHASE IN THE UK AND RETAIL FOR APPROX £40 EACH!! I MUST THEREFORE STRESS THE IMPORTANCE OF A SERIOUS BUYER WITH SUITABLE KNOWLEDGE.

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
THEY ARE VERY DIFFICULT TO PURCHASE IN THE UK AND RETAIL FOR APPROX £40 EACH!! I MUST THEREFORE STRESS THE IMPORTANCE OF A SERIOUS BUYER WITH SUITABLE KNOWLEDGE.
umm i would disagree, the terrestris subspecies normally seem to retail for about £30-35 (depending on location and supplier) and i would probably say these are amoung the easiest salamanders to get your hands on.

still a bargin though

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Fair enough...just going on what I was told. They are definitely IUCN listed though. Sorry if I've caused anyone any confusion, I just couldn't get my hands on them anywhere else.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Tiverton is pretty much in the middle of Devon. I'm afraid I don't have a car at the mo so I can't meet anyone anywhere :eek:(

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
Fair enough...just going on what I was told. They are definitely IUCN listed though. Sorry if I've caused anyone any confusion, I just couldn't get my hands on them anywhere else.
nah its cool still a bargin if i was closer id grab them lol, yep there IUCN listed but there's a good amount of captive breeding in the UK. lol

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That's really good to hear...until I found this forum nobody seemed to know what they were. I was beginning to get that sinking feeling! It's really good to hear that there are others out there keeping fires going- they're such a beautiful species it would be awful if they disppeared.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The parents came from a local breeder- we took them on because the pet shop weren't providing the right care. I don't know specific details but as far as I know, they were also captive bred.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
it's a local shop which only deals with local breeders...one of their ethics is to only deal captive bred. I knew them pretty well so am happy to trust them

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
aw, thanks :blush:...they're my babies! The fatty adult is the mother...she and our other female are still looking very gravid (either that or we all know who porked all the crickets!)

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Could anyone suggest any other forums where I could advertise these or some good couriers I can look into prices for?? Thanks :mrgreen:

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
5 pairs remaining pending deposit/collection. Am willing to do a deal on more than one pair provided the animals are pets for the enquirer (i.e. not for trading). They're only about 2 inches long at the mo so don't require masses of space but I must be able to see the setup first.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts