Reptile Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
for them who has seen my thread on cryptosporidium. my bearded dragon is being put down at 5pm to day. its very upsetting and i cant stop crying and i no the days are goin to get worse for me. but better for him as he will not be in pain poor lizard its for the best:sad: and his name is called boss. i no it will really upset me like i am now but its for the best i love boss my bearded dragon its not fair.

·
Registered
31,364 Posts
:( im really sorry. really am, i have had 3 lizards put to sleep in the last month,i know how you feel.

·
Registered
390 Posts
really really sorry to hear that...cant imagine how awful that is...could you tell me if its not too hard what this crypto is and how it affects them...hope his next life treats him well

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
i am so sorry hun same as above i would like to know what exactly this is to make us all aware how old was the little guy

rip Boss

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
really really sorry to hear that...cant imagine how awful that is...could you tell me if its not too hard what this crypto is and how it affects them...hope his next life treats him well
from my book

crytpsporidiosis

one dangerous internal parasite that cannot be cured is crytosporidum, somtimes known among hobbyists simply as "cryto" the infection itself is called crytosporidiosis. sighns of cryto are similiar to other parasitic infections and include vomiting,severe swelling and bloating and rapid weight lose. cryto is feared among hobbyist and commercial breeders because it can be present in an animal for two years or more before causing symptoms. animals infected by cryto are doomed to die slowly and painfully and should be humanely euthanized

·
Registered
20,375 Posts
Awful news but being put to sleep is the kindest thing you can do for him, so thumbs up to you. Crypto is awful and there's nothing you can do unfortunately.
You're doing the right thing, I'd be just as upset as you.. :(

·
Registered
195 Posts
for them who has seen my thread on cryptosporidium. my bearded dragon is being put down at 5pm to day. its very upsetting and i cant stop crying and i no the days are goin to get worse for me. but better for him as he will not be in pain poor lizard its for the best:sad: and his name is called boss. i no it will really upset me like i am now but its for the best i love boss my bearded dragon its not fair.
Thinking of you and your little one.... RIP little Boss

1 - 14 of 14 Posts