Reptile Forums banner

Force feeding leos

Tags
gecko
383 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  BoscMonster 
#1 ·
Hi. I got a Ron tremper app on my iPhone and there is realy good information on there, my female Leo has not eaten in nealy 2 weeks. He shows and tells you how to force feed a non eating Leo, so to night I gave it ago. She had 3 meal worms, I held her for abit to make sure they had gone down. I put her back in her viv and left her alone. I went and looked in her viv just and she had brought them back up :(
Wot to do now any help anyone can give me plz.

Thanx stu.

#2 ·
We have had a few problems with our Leos but have had some success with the Carnivore Care powder.

Mix with water and syringe it to them, one of the problem gecko will lick the drips of the syringe as has been regaining her weight nicely.

Oxbow Carnivore Care 70g - £10.38

#3 ·
is this safe as says its for rabbits ?????????? just a honest question as that would be great if i had 1 that aint eating (touch wood it dont) but you never know with these beauties x

#4 ·
Hi. I got a Ron tremper app on my iPhone and there is realy good information on there, my female Leo has not eaten in nealy 2 weeks. He shows and tells you how to force feed a non eating Leo, so to night I gave it ago. She had 3 meal worms, I held her for abit to make sure they had gone down. I put her back in her viv and left her alone. I went and looked in her viv just and she had brought them back up :(
Wot to do now any help anyone can give me plz.
Where to start?.......

What are the ground level warm end temps?
Regurgitation of food is not a good sign, it can be indicative of parasites or other issues.
Force feeding is a last resort, it should not be carried out unless advised by a vet a part of a recovery process following treatment.
Is this Leo one of the two that were put together the first night you received them?

We have had a few problems with our Leos but have had some success with the Carnivore Care powder.

Mix with water and syringe it to them, one of the problem gecko will lick the drips of the syringe as has been regaining her weight nicely.

Oxbow Carnivore Care 70g - £10.38
Again, this is meant to be used as a recuperation aid following vet treatment, it certainly shouldn't just be given as a 'cure'.....

I'd advise a vet trip and faecal samples personally.

#5 ·
Again, this is meant to be used as a recuperation aid following vet treatment, it certainly shouldn't just be given as a 'cure'.....

I'd advise a vet trip and faecal samples personally.
Fair point we we're given this by a vet to aid feeding after her treatment.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.