Reptile Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My dad today found a lizard in his work from a shipment in another country and he did research on the types of lizards in the uk and doesnt believe he is one of them, he brought it home as he knows I love reptiles and im trying to find out the species as to know what he eats and his care, we've looked so far and believe he may be a Cyrtopodion scabrum and we believe he came from somewhere in iraq/america and we wanted to try to help him to the best of our ability. hes about 2-3 inches long and i've named him Toast because of his colouring hes a sandy brown colour with dark brown spots and greenish eyes and a striped tail with bumps down the length of his body and bent toes and is very very fast. right now we have him in a box and have mealworms and fruits to try to feed him as weve never cared for a lizard before and weve also given him a bottlecap of water as we were told it was best as it was shallow we have a tank arriving tomorrow and we have a heatmat coming and were going to get a thermometer and humidity reader and a humidifier thing (im not sure of the real name sorry) for his tank. Any help would be very much appreciated as we want to give the little guy a fighting chance! I've attatched a picture of him in the box hes in right now.

·
Registered
28 Posts
That may be a western banded gecko, a baby one more possible, as it looks like he's got more of gecko feet. But I'm not too sure as the photo is rather small and blurry to tell.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts