Reptile Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Re-listing of an earlier advert.

There are 4 monitors in total: 2 males, a proven female, and an unsexed young adult. The female is ~ 5 yrs old and is mother to the young adult who is ~ 3 years old. Both males are estimated to be 6-7 years old. The young adult is currently housed separately from the others partly due to the difference in size, and partly to make my life easier when it comes to feeding and cleaning. One of the adult males has a neurological condition leading to the occasional seizure, but he recovers fine without any intervention.

Animals will not be sent by courier, they are collection only or delivery within a reasonable distance. Will not split. Buyer free to take the vivariums too if they can arrange transport.

Pictures of the adults available via photobucket:

Library Slideshow by Dave_Wragg | Photobucket

Will sell for £350 ono, or consider trade for a new tank for my turtles.

Attachments

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
To clarify a few points:

I've had the female since she was a juvenile, and mated her once with an unrelated male. It was her first clutch and she laid 2 eggs, one of which was empty. Since that time, the male died, and I acquired the other 2 adults - whether or not these two are related I do not know.

The male with the neurological condition tends to seizure when he looses his balance, so it could easily happen more than once a day. When he does, he usually rolls onto his side or his back until he manages to right himself again. This can be anything from a few seconds to several minutes. I once thought he was dead, but he appeared to be sleeping on his back. He is not on any medication, and no intervention is required, however if I see he has been on his back for a while I usually turn him over. I haven't noticed the seizures to have increased with age. The incidence of seizures could probably be reduced if he was kept in a more terrestrial setup - with fewer climbing opportunities. He eats and poops as well as much as the others, but generally looks slimmer. I think this one is male because he doesn't have the same slender head shape as my female, doesn't fill out around the abdomen as the female often does when cycling, and the other male hasn't tried mounting him.

Vviariums include fixtures and fittings, thermostats, etc. The Jvenile is in a makeshift vivarium as I'm in the middle of moving, so he/she will his/her own proper vivarium until grown on if being placed with the others. I am happy to include a herp nursery 2 incubator in the price (used once).

Will not split.

£300 ono

1 - 20 of 28 Posts