Reptile Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just a quickie.. don't normally do this but....

i have a pair of ferrets who were rehomed to me as biters, for rehoming..

i would keep them, but they keep getting out and into my rodent colony and i have had enough of picking up dead gerbils come the morning.

so, free to good home, preferably asap, before i lose any more stock to them.. and before they give rory a nervous breakdown!

will need a VERY secure cage & both bite

no pics, both polecat'y colour, liklihood of me getting pics = 0. they are standard ferrets, look like all the other ferrets you see.

N

·
Registered
8,073 Posts
one you say pair are the jill n hob or two jills? i know alot of working folk so probaly could get the rehomed quickly, there worked before? catch me on MSN if your not busy
Clare

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
grief, i stuck them on the falconry forums too, and now i have people advising me on how to stop them biting!

i don't give a rats arse if they bite or not ffs !! they are not pets ! lol

yes, sexed unrelated pair, one has worked one has not, both are very good at killing rodents though, the bastards..

N

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What do you mean they're workers??
they get up at 8.30 and toddle off with a briefcase for the day???

a working ferret kills things for a living. these are animals that would be very good at killing things for a living. hence they would be better as workers

the female, has before, caught and killed a large house rabbit, she is not trustworthy with household pets.

N

·
Banned
6,045 Posts
they get up at 8.30 and toddle off with a briefcase for the day???

a working ferret kills things for a living. these are animals that would be very good at killing things for a living. hence they would be better as workers

the female, has before, caught and killed a large house rabbit, she is not trustworthy with household pets.

N
A working ferret that kills things would not be a very good working ferret.

·
Registered
7,244 Posts
LOl Want to rephrase that? :D Before anyone suggests otherwise HAHA :p

·
Registered
8,469 Posts
Working Ferrets can come in different classes.
Working as a rodent killer (I know of a few stable yards that keep working killer ferrets for rat control, and yes they kill the rats.)
and then you have worker ferrets that say, flush rabbits out of warrens and into keep nets so that you can kill said rabbit, cause it would be useless if it killed the rabbit under ground,
1. you'd get no rabbit for tea and
2. the ferret would eat it and not come out of the warren! lol

I have 3 Ferrets. All are a bit bitey but hey, they ain't the kids pets they are mine and they are no where near as bad as the 2 male worker ferrets I had, they went for everything and just wanted to kill everything. My 3 I have now are more pet style but they are in no way manic killers as they are in the kennel near my bunnies and they never even bother going near the hutches. My workers I kept completely away (rabbit in house, ferrets outside) due to the fact they would break out of anything and try and kill all they saw lol

·
Registered
250 Posts
Working as a rodent killer (I know of a few stable yards that keep working killer ferrets for rat control, and yes they kill the rats.)
and then you have worker ferrets that say, flush rabbits out of warrens and into keep nets so that you can kill said rabbit, cause it would be useless if it killed the rabbit under ground,
1. you'd get no rabbit for tea and
2. the ferret would eat it and not come out of the warren! lol

I have 3 Ferrets. All are a bit bitey but hey, they ain't the kids pets they are mine and they are no where near as bad as the 2 male worker ferrets I had, they went for everything and just wanted to kill everything. My 3 I have now are more pet style but they are in no way manic killers as they are in the kennel near my bunnies and they never even bother going near the hutches. My workers I kept completely away (rabbit in house, ferrets outside) due to the fact they would break out of anything and try and kill all they saw lol
yeh i know all about working ferrets ive ratted befor with ferrets and terriers plus worked lurches i was stating that just because there workers doesnt meen there not pets also go and buy a pet ferret and put it with a rat 9 out of 10 ferret will kill it

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
thank you hon!

fixx.. i know you have a problem with me, but if all you are ever going to do is make little digs about anything rory and i say, then you really are going to come over as a vindicative pratt at times. did you landlord ever read what i wrote in the 30 seconds or so it was up out of interest, or is there something else you are sour about this time?

and yes, i know pet ferrets can also be working ferrets.. these ones however, would not be suitable as pets !! hence they are not on offer as pets!

anyway case :closed: home found.

thanks all

N

·
Registered
927 Posts
fixx.. i know you have a problem with me, but if all you are ever going to do is make little digs about anything rory and i say, then you really are going to come over as a vindicative pratt at times. did you landlord ever read what i wrote in the 30 seconds or so it was up out of interest, or is there something else you are sour about this time?
Come on Nerys, anyone that knows fixx knows he is a grade A tit! I wouldnt bother rising to his poor attempt at trying to belittle you. To be honest, i thought it was nice not seeing him around on the forums, i guess this is where he has been posting his random crap. Glad i only registered to use the classifieds.

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
EDIT: cant be arsed to lower myself to your standard Dan

·
*****istrator
11,351 Posts
hi a have one question
does it legal huntig for rabbits with ferrest in uk?
I take it that is meant to say 'Is it legal to hunt rabbits using ferrets in the UK'

I have just been informed it is. :)

·
Registered
345 Posts
i want ask
if i will have ferret can i take her on grass-land and try catch any rabitts?

·
Registered
250 Posts
i want ask
if i will have ferret can i take her on grass-land and try catch any rabitts?

for rabbiting you need permission first of the owner of the land i have my own permission to work my ferrets using purse nets i have known owners and farmers be quite aggresive towards people even taking and destroying dogs and ferrets so be carefull and if its in public place beware of some public they dont like hunting and get pretty mad when they see it

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.