Reptile Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
62,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, heres the story...
i recently went to a place that sells tons if frozen mice... a lot of you will use it too.
Basically, i have feed my snakes two weeks in a row and had more regurges each week than in 15 years of feeding in total..
SOOOO, if anyone wants about 200 fluffs and 200 pinks for nothing.. then take them, they are yours... its your risk, but they may be ok for someone.. or a bosc?? i dunno, just ideas.
Anyway, i will be ringing up the supplier and moaning as it HAS to be the mice being a bit dodgy, its not the usual place i go (simons rodents) so that counts him out.
I wont name and shame on here as i dont wanna get sued, so i'll ignore any comments whether they are right or wrong..
Anyway, 1st come 1st served, or they go in the bin..

·
Premium Member
62,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Baby, amel with tiny tiny tail bump...

i have a stunning amel corn for sale, 3 months or so, eating 2 pinks per week and sheding perfectly.
She has a tiny bump on her tail which you can feel but not really see..
anyway, she can go as a pet for £10, you may want to try and breed her when old enough, but would prefer she went as a pet...

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
I have had this happen before with some mice i got from a large internet supplier,it sucks but all you can do is throw them.
I hope that amel is better behaved than mine!

·
Registered
8,469 Posts
Thats one of the reasons I like to breed my own, Not only do I know what they have been fed and how they have been kept (big piece of mind for me) but I also know how fresh they are or how long they have bee frozen for. (only ever a week at tops).

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
I need to restart my breeding colony as the food bill is starting to resemble a second mortgage! I cant seem to get any mice though where did you get yours!

·
Premium Member
62,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i bred my own until amy was born, then just ran out of time... but i will start it up again one day

·
Premium Member
62,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: Baby, amel with tiny tiny tail bump...

cornmorphs said:
i have a stunning amel corn for sale, 3 months or so, eating 2 pinks per week and sheding perfectly.
anyway, she can go as a pet for £10, you may want to try and breed her when old enough, but would prefer she went as a pet...
ok this was ment to be its own thread lol, so i'll go start it.

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
Re: Baby, amel with tiny tiny tail bump...

cornmorphs said:

you could always put her in my next shipment as a present xxx

·
Premium Member
62,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
would not make it frozen hun

·
Registered
8,469 Posts
I breed show mice so I get my breeding stock from other breeders.
The Pink Eyed Whites and Creams are the 2 biggest strains of show mice. They are sometimes sold to reptile keepers as super mice or super large. They truely are huge, at 6 weeks they are normaly the size of most adult petshop mice.

I breed for colour, type and show quality and don't keep many males unless I need a new stud male so all the rest apart from show stock are surplus.
Just set all my trios and breeding groups back up again after they had a few months break. So will have loads that I could provide as starting colony stock of a larger healthier type.

·
Premium Member
62,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
lol, well i have bred some amazing mice but they are all food to me, so if they were rare (which some were i think) then i missed out lol..

well the thing is bri, they put 'free' ice packs in for the journey... they were frozen when we got back to mine.. i also had a good number of larger mice in there too, so this would have helped the process

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Pimperella said:
I breed show mice so I get my breeding stock from other breeders.
The Pink Eyed Whites and Creams are the 2 biggest strains of show mice. They are sometimes sold to reptile keepers as super mice or super large. They truely are huge, at 6 weeks they are normaly the size of most adult petshop mice.

I breed for colour, type and show quality and don't keep many males unless I need a new stud male so all the rest apart from show stock are surplus.
Just set all my trios and breeding groups back up again after they had a few months break. So will have loads that I could provide as starting colony stock of a larger healthier type.
I dont suppose you know any breeders in my part of the world do you?

·
Registered
9,062 Posts
hi nige have you still got your amel? if u do, do you know how far northampton is from ascot i dont know my geography so u could be 20 mins away or even 5 hourse for all i know

·
Premium Member
9,386 Posts
lekkie said:
hi nige have you still got your amel? if u do, do you know how far northampton is from ascot i dont know my geography so u could be 20 mins away or even 5 hourse for all i know
Just go into google and use google map or RAC/AA Route finder :lol: :lol:

Internet is full of stuff like that :lol:

·
Premium Member
62,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
i have no idea lekkie lol..
although theres about 8 people in front of you for the snake, so probably wont go that far down the list i suspect.

·
Premium Member
62,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
looks like they are going in the bin then :lol:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts