Reptile Forums banner
1 - 20 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Due to some changes i am having to sell my collection.

I thought i would give away one to a good home, not made up my mind on which, so could be any, from an adult Pastel to a adult Banana.

I want my snakes to go to good homes and this is what i always check before i sold any, and refused those that just did not feel right.

Tell me what kind of home he/she will get and why i should pick you. Looking for a lifetime home and not someone that will just sell it once received.

Will pick someone on Saturday.

Experienced people only please.

·
Registered
27,924 Posts
Am sorry to hear this, you've not even had them all that long :(, must be sad for you, hope they all find good homes.

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Am sorry to hear this, you've not even had them all that long :(, must be sad for you, hope they all find good homes.
It is.

Was on holiday recently and we decided to buy a property there and will now be spending a good part of the year there once the build is finished.

So i have decided to sell up as it will be stressful and not fair on the snakes to keep putting them in long term boarding.

Most are adults now, so could have bred them, but again not willing to do this as can't be sure when they would lay and if i would be around.

Will pick someone over the weekend, currently thinking the Spider Banana i have or a large female Pastel.

Reactions: seb421

·
Registered
6,065 Posts
Im sure they will all find good homes, Toxic is a good guy with a genuine reason for sale.

This is a very generous offer, am just checking it within the rules of the forum but I hope so, it's good to see the good side of royal python keeping!

·
Registered
27,924 Posts
Well I hope all find nice new homes. : victory:

Edit: I wasn't questioning Toxic, was just saying I'm sad to hear this, that's all.

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Im sure they will all find good homes, Toxic is a good guy with a genuine reason for sale.

This is a very generous offer, am just checking it within the rules of the forum but I hope so, it's good to see the good side of royal python keeping!
Thanks mate and sorry if this is against the rules, if so please remove.

Reactions: StuG

·
Premium Member
4 snakes, a fair few spiders, 2 elderly horses, a crazy collie and a cat.
2,012 Posts
Instead of giving one away why not auction, raffle or do sealed bids for one and donate the money to a charity of your choice............ Children in Need/Bali Reptile rescue etc.

·
Registered
27,924 Posts
Instead of giving one away why not auction, raffle or do sealed bids for one and donate the money to a charity of your choice............ Children in Need/Bali Reptile rescue etc.
Children in Need is coming up soon, this would be a great idea and money would be going to a good and worth while cause.

·
Registered
6,065 Posts
I am pretty certain that we don't allow auctions, definitely not in the snake section.
I think it's a good idea the way it is, would love to see an enthusiastic younger keeper or maybe a keeper that might not have the chance to own an animal with some of the genetics in Toxic's collection win and be given an opportunity that they might otherwise not receive.

·
Premium Member
4 snakes, a fair few spiders, 2 elderly horses, a crazy collie and a cat.
2,012 Posts
Children in Need is coming up soon, this would be a great idea and money would be going to a good and worth while cause.
It would be nice wouldn't it, they will get a lot of money though. Just imagine how much difference a few hundred would be to Lonqi's rescues.

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Firstly i am sure that would defo be against the rules to do auction. Secondly, with an auction i would not have the final say on who my snakes go to, i am very particular about this which any of the people that have bought of me so far can say.
Thirdly, someone who gets the snake for free, can spend the money they otherwise would have on the snake, to provide a nice enclosure for it.

Lastly, i have already contacted Lonqi earlier today to make a half decent donation. Giving to worthy causes is not something that needs to be suggested to me, it's something me and the wife always do.

I run giveaways all the time with my business, so thought i would do one with this.

Also, i understand some people would not want to post here for several reasons, so please feel free to PM me.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I think you should sell rather than give away. And as other people have said give the money to charity. Unfortunately too many can google "good royal python keeping" etc to give the right/best answers and can send a photo of an empty, sad viv with a child with big sad eyes next to it. I couldn't vet someone by email, txt or phone and would rather see their homes. Just my take on it.

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I think you should sell rather than give away. And as other people have said give the money to charity. Unfortunately too many can google "good royal python keeping" etc to give the right/best answers and can send a photo of an empty, sad viv with a child with big sad eyes next to it. I couldn't vet someone by email, txt or phone and would rather see their homes. Just my take on it.
That's where the search function here comes in handy.

Please, let's keep this to those that might want the snake, and not suggestions on what i should do with my animal.

Reactions: bothrops and AilsaM

·
Registered
766 Posts
I really feel for you buddy, i have only just started to keep royals and would not know what to do if i had to give up.

IF, i was the lucky one i can promise you this.....

He/she would never be passed on and would be a very welcomed addition to my small collection.

After this season is done i am switching from rubs to vivs as i like to be able to see my snakes, all food is fresh as i breed my own rats.

I know you will find good homes for your collection.

steve.

p.s, and i am local....lol.

Reactions: RADIOGAGAGA

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
People here are like tramps on a kebab when someone is giving a female normal away, God knows what this is going to turn into.

I've moved away from royals so won't be "entering" for the sake of it, you can however sell me a rack for a good price if you are being charitable :whistling2:

Good luck with the kind gesture and hope it goes to someone who doesn't just look at it as a money making machine.

·
Registered
4,885 Posts
Id love to offer a forever home, all my reps are treated like my babies and have only the best handbuilt vivs, none get moved on, once here they are here forever and become a part of my family.

on another note, sorry to hear you are having to give them up, but I understand why you are, it must have been a hard decision to make.

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
First off, just wanted to say I am sorry. That is a sucky situation; I've seen your threads and can tell just from your posts how much you care for them. I truly do hope you find great homes for them all. You have absolutely beautiful snakes and anyone would be lucky to get one, that is an incredibly generous thing you are doing. If I were on the right continent I would be eagerly posting for myself!

With that said...

pick me i'm too tight fisted to offer money for them. but do have a 4ft viv.
I know Miss Ferret (Jane) personally and have met her on multiple occasions and seen the care and dedication she gives her animals. She goes all out on enclosures, providing for that individual animal's well being and goes above and beyond for them. You couldn't ask for a better owner for one of your snakes in my opinion. :)

·
Registered
6,780 Posts
Don't pick me I would sell it, honestly I would. I'm happy with my normal :whistling2:

On a serious not mate, as said before I'm going to miss seeing pictures of you collection.

A very generous offer mate :no1: you don't see posts like this often.

I wish you all the best : victory:

·
Registered
10,369 Posts
The problem with an action in this case is it takes away from the spirit of the offer, as then it turns into a case of only the people with lots of spare cash can put in good offers. Which seems to me to be anti what this offer is about.

Maybe it could be agreed that the 'winner' of the snake could make small donation to a charity of toxics choosing- money value based on funds.

And before people get on their soap boxes and start with the whole 'if you can't afford the snake then you can't afford the set up' etc etc.
There are plenty of people with empty set ups, enough money to get a second hand stat and mat etc but not be able to afford a snake morph at the same time.

I also (even tho I can see what Mel is saying and ferret is lovely! : victory:) think we should stay away from 'nominating' or voting for people as then it becomes a popularity contest rather than a lovely giveaway.

I'm sure Toxic has thought all this thru, but I just wanted to add my tuppenth worth as I'm like that.:blush:

1 - 20 of 100 Posts