Reptile Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
Price: Free to good home
Accessories: None - needs better enclosure.

I've got another one that needs a better home than I can give due to lack of space and funds.

Pookie the Terrapin was rescued by me when he was about to be released into a local pond. I didn't particularly want a Terrapin at the time, but could let him be thrown out in the middle of winter!! :shock: (besides the fact that it's very illegal!:naughty:)

He's about 7 - 8" in length, but I don't know how old he is because he was quite big when I got him in about 1999.

Do any of you guys keep these things? Got a nice enclosure with a few Terrapin girlfriends for Pookie? :D

PM me

Pics to follow shortly.

·
Registered
10,074 Posts
do you have pictures.....?

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
if only you werent so far away! saying that though don't know if my female would take too kindly to male intrusions in her tank! :)

·
Registered
8,073 Posts
shame your so far as i'm sure he would have been happy in my pond with 18 others!!! (we rescue and rehome unwanted terrapins in the yorkshire area)

·
Registered
8,476 Posts
boshogg said:
shame your so far as i'm sure he would have been happy in my pond with 18 others!!! (we rescue and rehome unwanted terrapins in the yorkshire area)
We have ours in ponds too...I recommend anyone to get a pond built for rescued terrapins. God knows there are lots that need rescuing.

·
Registered
8,073 Posts
Reptilerescueden said:
boshogg said:
We have ours in ponds too...I recommend anyone to get a pond built for rescued terrapins. God knows there are lots that need rescuing.
i know you do!! it's Clare i was recomended by Anthony of reptile rescue hull!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Long shot but do you still have these???

I would be willing to take them on as one of mine has just died

I'm in leeds so not too far away

1 - 12 of 12 Posts