Reptile Forums banner

Free to very good home

1K views 14 replies 7 participants last post by  Pimperella 
#1 ·
Sorry not a rep.

AMERICAN BULL DOG

Some of you may know I split up with my partner a few months ago and moved back to Newcastle. We had three dogs he kept one and I have the other two.
I have moved back in with my dad for a while and he will only allow me to keep one of my dogs. I am keeping sammi as he is a rescue dogs who is scared of men and tends to nip people when he feels threatened, he needs to be muzzled when out in public.
This mean I have to let go of my American bull dog isis. She is one year old. I am looking for a good home for her as this is going to beak my heart. And I would want anyone who took her to fully research the breed as they are big powerful dogs. No bad repuation of agression in this breed in fact Isis is soft as clarts.
I paid £500 for Isis from a friend and she is free to a good home. I still owe him £50 for her so if you wanted her pedigree paperwork I would need the £50 for that.

If your looking for a happy playful dog and think you could handle a big powerful breed please get in touch as I would rather rehome myself as apposed to putting her in a shelter as you don't know who would get her.

She is great with other dogs and kids. DOES NOT LIKE CATS THOUGH.

If anyone is interested please let me know

Thanks
Tara

See less See more
#2 ·
HI Hun,
Sorry you are having to rehome your girl :(
Do they have a breed rescue i the uk ? I do not have one on my list but could enquire if you like ?

Good luck with getting a great loving home for her.

#4 ·
that would be great wohic thanks

I Know Sarah its really hard I want to keep her put my dad is ill and I work 12 hours shifts and she is too much for him to look after as she is realy active Sammi is fine ihe is a mammys boy and just lies on my bed when I am out.

#5 ·
here we are hon, these peoplpe are supposed to be great

http://www.endangereddogs.com/

another one........

http://www.bulldogrescue.co.uk/rescue.htm

come back to me if these can not help, i can usally pull something out of the bag !
going through a rescue will hopefully winkle out the people looking for a tough looking dog to boost their street cred.

#7 ·
aww thts such shame if bob was not scared of other dogs i would defo take her as it is my sister wants me to get rid of him to take on one of her rotties hope you find a good home for her
the only thing i will say about rescue places is that she could be there for a very long time as they are sooo strict on homevetting my sister wanted to take on a rottie that had been dumped but they wouldnt let her cause she had 2 kids under 8 yo even though she has rotties anyway
but good luck
manda xx

#8 ·
Hello
My friend has 2 American Bulldogs and alos does rescue for our breed. I have phoned her and she can offer a home right away if thats any help. she is a dog trainer aswell and loves her dogs. She does loads of training with hers and they are the most gorg ABD's that I have ever met. She can promise a forever home.
I have PM'd her number, she said you can phone anytime.
xx
Laura

#10 ·
My friend is waiting by the phone now. She is more than happy to take her as she loves the breed. Her bitch Molly is my fav, she is the softest baby you could ever meet. I'd sneak her away in my coat if she wasn't so heavy lol They are a grand breed with a badmouthed nature. Such a shame cause all the ones I have met just want you to hug them and then curl up on your knee. I hope we can help and I promise she would have the life of riely with my friend.

#11 ·
manda said:
aww thts such shame if bob was not scared of other dogs i would defo take her as it is my sister wants me to get rid of him to take on one of her rotties hope you find a good home for her
the only thing i will say about rescue places is that she could be there for a very long time as they are sooo strict on homevetting my sister wanted to take on a rottie that had been dumped but they wouldnt let her cause she had 2 kids under 8 yo even though she has rotties anyway
but good luck
manda xx
i agree rescue places are tight when it comes to family wanting to rehome certain dog.
i went to one and was told i could only have a small terrier thing lol
ive got 2 staffs and 1 german shep but couldnt get another staff i saw lol
i just buy private now like i did with my other dogs
im glad someone is offering her a great home x

#12 ·
my mum rescues and I have fostered well over 100 dogs, we are not 'tight' when it comes to rehoming, but we do try to match a dog to a family, we will rehome with younger children if its the right dog, and the right child for that matter.
If dogs were handed out willy nilly then the rescues would not have done their job properly, and put the dog first.

there are some really good small rescues out there that do a wonderful and selfless job (the lady I fostered for used to drive to wales every week to collect the council dogs from death row, they all needed vacinating chiping, vet checking etc and adoption fees nevr cover all the costs involved, but she still does it, seeing happy dogs with equally happy owners and the annual open day is enough to know that)

#13 ·
cheers pimperella I will give her a ring tomorrow. You have been a star this is really hard for me but if I know she is going to some one who knows the breed well and has the time for her I will fell alot better

G
#14 ·
if this falls through i can offer the dog a good home here i have had rottys staffs and pits im dogless at the moment,i was going to buy an english bull terrier... so let me know im in coventry have a massive garden and plenty of room for the dog drop me a pm if its still available

cheers steve

#15 ·
No problem hun. I'm sure she'll be driving up not long after you ring. She got AB dogs because of how soft they are and how good with kids her Molly is really shows how the breed really are. I know she will have a loving home, dogs come first with everything in her house, even before hubby. lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.