Reptile Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was going to start making my own racks to sell but had a change of heart and have decided im going to ship freedom breeder racks into the uk. Im currently tlking to jeff from freedom breeders and are in the process of getting my website up and running by the £19th of august

would people be intrested in the racks?

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
Just managed to find the tab at the top right to convert currency. It's telling me the above rack that you stated £1900 is infact £1,276.06?

Kind regards,
Scott

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
Then add vat and import duty and the very high shipping costs, storage and somthing for your efforts and i can assure you it will not be viabal as a business. There is one importer in europe already and we did have the rainbow rock co in the uk till they went bust.

It is fare easyer to buy uk built racks form pro racks or the vision racks via euro rep. Even the uk has seen a few makers come and go, infact while on subject any one know if win racks is still going?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i understand what ya saying but im gonna try im not looking to make tons of money as its somthing im doing on the side as well as my day job

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
How are you planning to ship them? rainbow rock only did them as a side line to fill the space in containers of rock they bought in from the states (there trade was aqurium gravals and the like).

You are going to need a lot of money to bring stock in to start of and remember the power diffrence witch could lead to a few legal issues (there 110v where we are 240v and as such may not be legal for sale in uk).

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
we got a 20ft container i live in felixstowe witch is near the docks and my gf's mum owns a shipping company witch saves alot of hassle

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
Really would depend on final price inc everything to see if its worth while compared to say a pro rack of equal size. But as above its the cb70s stack I would be interested in. But a couple of single stacks instead of the triples.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
ive tried finding win racks too and no sign of them. website is gone!

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
I would als be interested but again would depend on final prices.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
shipping prices are way to much even when mum in law runs compny bloody joke back to plan a why is it when u have no work u start making summit (snake rack) then get suddenly swamped with tones of work lol always the way sorry guys for the delay been crazy

1 - 17 of 17 Posts