Reptile Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried to breed some crickets, but they stink too much,I'm now going to try Lobster Roaches, anyway, I have around 500 crickets and my dragons not eating much atm with the time of year.
Question is, can I freeze the crix and thaw them to use as and when I need them?
I am getting some Leopard Geckos (3-4)in the next few months, can I feed them small Lobster Roaches or will they need to be fed crix.

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
yeah if you want to kill them! they can deal with cold temperatures but i don't think they do being turned to ice very well! left some in the car overnight once, they were pretty much dead the next day, even after thawing at room temp. not that i've tried in the freezer though!!

leos will eat the baby roaches..just use em like crickets. nothing bigger than their head though!

·
Premium Member
9,386 Posts
I breed roaches myself and feed as well as crix, locusts etc to my leos, beardie and the BTS, even though the BTS are too lazy too chase them. :lol:

·
Registered
13,846 Posts
I have accidently left crickets in the freezer for a few hours. I have just defrosted them and fed to the reps as usual.

·
Registered
13,813 Posts
they will lose nutritional value over time when frozen..i think kit goes without sayin they would be dead.
also you cant gutload a dead cricket so need to make sure they are all ull up b4 u stick em in the freezer... and theres no guarentee that once defrosted your lizardas will eat them anyway, but no harm in trying, wont take a lot of room in the freezer will they.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts