Reptile Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey me and my friend went to the local petshop today and he loved this little amel corn going for £25 and hes asking his parents if he can have it

do you think £25 is a good price for an 06 amel corn?
whats substrate should he use?
can you supply a good caresheet for corns ?

i know nothing about snakes so i thought id post on this part of the forums lol :)

thanks

·
Registered
9,219 Posts
I know little but i will offer what i know.

Dont forget corns grow to about 3/4 foot in length and dont stay that small forever.

Substrate wise either kitchen rols or repti bark i belive are good.

I've never kept one but am planning to get one at some point in the near future.

there are hundreds of caresheets out there as well.

SPike

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
as a baby kitchen paper is a good substrate yes

N

·
Registered
324 Posts
Price is very good, and yes a brillaint beginer snake to begin with. The best way to research for your new snake is via the web, get your mate to look at the following care sheet:

http://www.cornsnakes.net/care.php3

Very thurough care sheet and you don't need to know more than this really but do study lots of care sheets. They're very easy to take care of corns, and great temprements.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Good first snake.

Lots and lots of research!!!

Price is good, but I'd be sceptical about how cheap it is. Try researching what a healthy snake should look like first and make sure it has no bumps in its spine.

·
Registered
5,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
just wonna clear something up whats not in those guides .

an ordinary nice sized tub ok for one ? or does it have to be a special tub :O

·
Registered
213 Posts
Just as long as it has ventilation holes it needn't be anything special.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
i don agree with the corns grow to 4 foot max, cos mine is 5 foot and ain slowin, he is 4 years old, not obese btw, i would say yer, thats a good price for 1, my snow was 31ish but i spose its every1 to their own, as i got a hoggie for 95 other week

1 - 12 of 12 Posts