Reptile Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all just saw some beautiful frilled dragons has anyone got any advice on keeping them are they easy or hard agrressive or not ?

·
Registered
25,692 Posts
I haven't had mine long - got them from luke and daniel on here. I'm keeping them in a 6 x 2 x 2 at the moment but I think they would enjoy a bit more height than that. Have large java branches in there, a very large water bowl (xl cat litter tray to be precise) and a thick layer of orchid bark. Was thinking about adding a large water fall but the humidity seems to be okay at the moment - might still add it in the future but they do collect bacteria quite quickly. I've got a guarded and statted 100w Spot Bulb for light/heat, which is keeping a good amount of heat. Do have a heat mat in the enclosure but I'm not using it as it's in a stack and the other vivs have night time heating, meaning this one gets a good ambient anyway. Using a 4 foot 10% UVB tube too.

The ones I have are adults and mine are not aggressive at all - I imagine like any lizard they are skittish and more prone to running when little but should tame down. Mine only frill up when the bosc walks past.

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanku hun for ur advice they are juvis i would probs only have one if i decided to get one i am allowed a new reptile for christmas and i want something i dont already have but want to make sure wats best for me and the new rep. I will read up some more on them before i make a rush decision :)

Thanku again :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
i have 1. juv male. had him since start of sept. not while long like but have read a lot.
males tend de calm down more than female do, but they are 1 of the harder lizards de clam down.
mine still h8's being touched. takes a lota work de calm them down. if i were buying again id buy adult already docile enough to handle cause they stress a lot when lifted. never mind the frilling and hissing and flipping all round the place. lol.
great pet though, looks well cool and defo a disply animal. will eat like hourse so b prepared de get a lota hoppers. they love them.

Eamonn

1 - 5 of 5 Posts