Reptile Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
heya,

my boyfrend has now gotten a tokay and i have since fallen in love with uromastyx's, i have asked reptiule shop peeps, looked on websites but not much really, just that their desert and shouldnt have water. does anyone bhave one or two, please could you tell me about their characxter?!

Peatree. xxx

·
Banned
5,772 Posts
there are different species, ur better off looking for specific species before looking for information.

if u look on wikipedia there is a long list of the different subspecies when u search for uromastyx

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanx, sorry i meant to mention that i was looking for the ornate uromastyx, they all say their friendly and really tame, i just want to hear from someones point of view who has one.

·
Banned
5,772 Posts
i like the spiny tailed ones :p i think its more a case of that they generally dont get water in the wild though, not that they dont need water, but in the wild they get water from their food.

·
Banned
5,772 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah thanx, do you have ornate uromastyx or any for that matter? i think they are soo cute. their diurnal as well which makes them extra cool. i hjave nocturnal frogs and would like something diurnal.

·
Banned
5,772 Posts
i wouldnt mind one but no i dont as ive never seen any come available in my area.

·
Registered
6,237 Posts
we have a uro :) he has his own wee personality sometimes we never see him :? but when he does come out he enjoys being hand fed.he doesnt have any water at all he gets all he needs from his veg.(loves to rip cress). doesnt like being handled too much saying that tho its probably because he is wc.had him a few years now and would never part with him.very pretty lizards .been looking for a female for him for agessss now.but cant get 1 :cry: i would defo recomend a uro :) theres pics of our uro in the lizard pic forum :)

·
Registered
197 Posts
we have 2 uros one is the most friendly girly you could ever imagine and loves to be handled and our other one really just wants to be left alone so thats what we do (hes a male speaks for its self) :lol:

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
sounds fab. yeah they are pretty. i cant wait to get mine, i want a baby. do u anyone whos breeding them or any that are being sold in shops?

Peatree xxx

·
Registered
197 Posts
dont know about babys but loads on the clasified sites (lifefoods)for sale

1 - 11 of 11 Posts