Reptile Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
14,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for recommendations for good frozen suppliers... price is not the main issue but fair pricing helps...

Im looking for good quality frozen with quick delivery and good customer service...

anyone have any recommendations cheers ??

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
where do you live? is there a paws for thoughts near you, though there products and reptiles pricing is high there frozen stock is cheap

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Furrag and sparkle you may want to try this link Frozen Foods as the one above sends you to a domain name site its not a .com site its a .co.uk

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
though its got a high post charge it is still worth while you just need to buy more.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
it's not as high as some sites i dont think £6-99 is too high compared to the £10 to £14 i have paid in the past.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
£10-£14! I never spent that much sending writing journals, several books, and a few painted canvas' parcels to my girlfriend in England from Australia, and then following her, vice versa! I assume it must be a delivery or chilling method - How are they kept frozen?

The £6.99 cost is good if you'll be buying heavy items, but surely unless you had a lot of snakes to feed, surely it'd be hard to break even with a local outlet, given the infrequency snakes feed at, and the weight of the mice/rats?

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
it worth it for me as normally i wood payt 20 for the ceramic light and 10 for the vermiculite and im paying 10 and 3 so thats 7 saving covered by the delivery swo basically free delivery, though i am also going to order hatchling tubs and muce so im saving.

·
Registered
22,890 Posts
Reliable frozen supplies usually cost a LOT more than £7 to ship.... not least because you need to order a fair weight to ensure it all stays frozen AND you ideally need a next morning courier delivery.

That said, I'd rather pay £18 in shipping and order £75 worth of mice and rats... and know it's going to last me for MONTHS.

I've also noticed that Surrey Pet Supplies does NOT guarantee that their frozen food will arrive frozen...

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
honeybrook's charge £14.10 shipping on a order of 50 rat pups and frozen direct charge £9.99 which works out about 66p each the same as a pet shop, so like i said i will be using surrey pets from now on as it works out around 40p a rat pup when ordering 100 only down side to them is each item has to be a seperate order so if you order 100 rat pups and 50 rat fluffs it comes as 2 orders so twice the delivery charge

·
Registered
22,890 Posts
I pay £18 regardless of the size of order from Simon's Rodents.

My last order actually came out to £100 even, including delivery charge; for that I got:

50 pinks
50 fluffs
80 rat pups
42 small rats
12 medium rats
100 chicks

So when you work it out, that works out to £0.29 per item (no matter what it is) - though the actual items costed out differently, you can sure tell I've saved a LOT over shop prices, even on pinkies and chicks.

The pinks were actually around £0.18 each; the chicks were around £0.04 or something. I think the medium rats were around £1.25 or so?

·
Registered
609 Posts
If I use a mail order company for frozen food its usually Simon's rodents. I've tried a few of them and they seem the best at sorting them into sizes accurately, discount on mice if you order more than 500 too.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts