Reptile Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ever had these in their bosc viv?

I assuming it's one of the two, but they are teeny little flying things about the size of a pinhead.

They are not around him, but they are in the viv. Apart from doing a full substrate clean out, which I didn't want to do yet as it hasn't been in there long and he has all his tunnels and borrows in there, is there anything I can do to get rid of them?

·
Registered
344 Posts
Thanks, that's reassuring.
If they don't go you may need yo remove all food sources and increase the ventilation. Have you checked for mould especially on wood and plants your viv could be overly Viv.

Try removing any wood and plants inspect for mould\rot and sterilize with reptile safe disinfectant. Up your housekeeping check for poop and wash down the sides.

Most likely nothing bit the little monsters can spread like wild fire.

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If they don't go you may need yo remove all food sources and increase the ventilation. Have you checked for mould especially on wood and plants your viv could be overly Viv.

Try removing any wood and plants inspect for mould\rot and sterilize with reptile safe disinfectant. Up your housekeeping check for poop and wash down the sides.

Most likely nothing bit the little monsters can spread like wild fire.
Bosc don't have much ventilation as you need to keep the humidity up, he also poos in his water dish which is changed regulary....going to give it a bit of a tidy up this weekend though to try and get rid of them as best as possible as they irrate me...although it's hard to keep my boscs viv 'tidy' as he is forever digging and spreading mud up the sides of the viv walls and glass.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Bosc don't have much ventilation as you need to keep the humidity up, he also poos in his water dish which is changed regulary....going to give it a bit of a tidy up this weekend though to try and get rid of them as best as possible as they irrate me...although it's hard to keep my boscs viv 'tidy' as he is forever digging and spreading mud up the sides of the viv walls and glass.
Mud and debris being everywhere is fine, but if they are fruit flies they will need to be removed. Chances are you'll find eggs or something and a quick clean up will get rid of them. I was over misting my gecko tank and had some issues with damp and rot on the vines. Make sure you clean any stray food items up as well this will attract the little beasties.

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Mud and debris being everywhere is fine, but if they are fruit flies they will need to be removed. Chances are you'll find eggs or something and a quick clean up will get rid of them. I was over misting my gecko tank and had some issues with damp and rot on the vines. Make sure you clean any stray food items up as well this will attract the little beasties.
Yep much to his dismay I'm going to have to mess with his viv :lol2:

One grumpy bosc coming up!

·
Registered
344 Posts
Yep much to his dismay I'm going to have to mess with his viv :lol2:

One grumpy bosc coming up!
I'm in the same boat but i may need to completely break the tank down due to a broken waterfall pump. Plants, substrate and all. Oh joy:censor:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts