Reptile Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any recommendations on where to buy a drosophila melanogaster starter culture from?

It's time for me to take the plunge into culturing flies....:)

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
hey joe, where did you get your black jungle tubs from at the show? you said you got them for about a quid each? whats the web address?

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
1.70 each!! ... bloody hell.

I'm gona do another bulk order from the states.

If anyone wants any black jungle tubs for £1 each let me know!

·
Registered
113 Posts
how do you guys recruit them I need more froggers in Milton Keynes I think im all alone

Because people are wary of venturing to MK. The town is designed so that no one can get out I swear. Unless they have finally erected road signs that tell you how to leave the place in the last dozen years or so lol. Once you're in, you're in for good!

·
Registered
113 Posts
Ok, I feel a big stupid but what are black jungle tubs? Tried googling but no joy. Looked on adv husb and they don't have anything that's black. Put a noob out of her misery please.

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
black jungle is the company who make or started selling the tubs with tiny little holes with a gauze covering them. i've had alot of joy with these and i do re-use them

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
i've tried a few different things in the past but these are so good, expensive for what they are but so nice to use. i see people using the dish cloth secured with an elastic band method .. must be getting flies everywhere!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts