Reptile Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, i have 2 beardies and they eat watercress & wild rocket happily but when i get the salad from the shop they dont always have good bags of food so i was just asking if you can leave a list of what you feed your beardies or what is the very best fruit & veg for them.

Thanks. Ant

·
Registered
1 Posts
heyy these are the things i give my beardie cabbages, green beans, arugula, collard & mustard greens, parsley, corn, peas, carrots (shredded), sweet potato, cucumber, apple, blueberries, peaches, pears, grapes, plums, raspberries... all chopped finely to avoid choking.

hope that helped you

all the best

xx

·
Registered
3,358 Posts
Hi everyone, i have 2 beardies and they eat watercress & wild rocket happily but when i get the salad from the shop they dont always have good bags of food so i was just asking if you can leave a list of what you feed your beardies or what is the very best fruit & veg for them.

Thanks. Ant
Hey ant have a read through these to pages it pretty much covers every thing they eat : victory:

Bearded Dragon (Pogona) Species Profile: Habitat, Diet, and Care

Nutrition Content

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks peeps :D an i will have a look at them pages now lol. would appreiciate it if you cud tell me if these are any good :).

Escarole, lollo rosso, frisee, radicchio, virgil victoire, apollo, saigon.

Thanks Ant.

·
Registered
3,358 Posts
Thanks peeps :D an i will have a look at them pages now lol. would appreiciate it if you cud tell me if these are any good :).

Escarole, lollo rosso, frisee, radicchio, virgil victoire, apollo, saigon.

Thanks Ant.
Have a look through that guide if they are not listed there I would avoid them altogether but I see a few of them are there like that escarole that is highly recomended with high calcium. : victory:

I thought fruit was a no no for beardies?
Have a look through them pages as well toad you will see that most fruit most fruit is ok to feed occasionally but check with guide first. :2thumb:

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
I don't have a beardie it was just something i'd picked up in my general reading, and looking through that sheet it does say "a small % of the diet" so i guess thats why some say no fruit. Bit like torts i guess too much fruit n they get the runs :blush:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts