Reptile Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys just a quick question I need for college..how often would you need to clean a spid out? 1x1x1 exo-terra, I need to work out expenditures and stuff like substrate comes into it blah blah blah...

cheers guys

·
Registered
9,153 Posts
I never clean mine out. I remove all bolus, cricket bits, spider sheds etc but thats it. There's no need 2 clean it all out. Only when rehousing or if you get mites etc other than that .. some of mine have had the same sub for 18 months and are settled and happy :) I think it's a shame to disturb them.

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
I never clean mine out. I remove all bolus, cricket bits, spider sheds etc but thats it. There's no need 2 clean it all out. Only when rehousing or if you get mites etc other than that .. some of mine have had the same sub for 18 months and are settled and happy :) I think it's a shame to disturb them.
yuh huh or with mine if the moss has gotten really messy, or a bit dry or whatever i just put it in place and remove anything weird lol
:grin1:

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
I have one thats had the same substrate for 3 years and it only got changed coz we moved. Same as Becky here, only change if there is any problems. We have woodlice in most of our enclosures who eat and get rid of any nasties and bolus

1 - 7 of 7 Posts