Reptile Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My beardie seems to have gone off crickets altogether in the last few weeks.

Is this a normal thing for them to be fussy? I read somewhere once that after some time they lose some level of interest in insects and focus on veggies, although she doesnt seem to interested in those either and never really has been.

She's just short of 2 years old now. She's eating Wax worms and Locust like there goin out of fashion. Ocasionally some mealworms as well but i'm obviously not happy to feed her too much of the waxworms as i've seen nasty pics of obese dragons after too many of those wee buggers.

Can veg and locust be a staple diet?

:?

·
Registered
250 Posts
hey man seems to be going of his food could be the time of year :?:

mine is shedding which is usually down to the less eating

yeh they can live off locusts my BD prefers them but i give him crickets because locusts cost me to much and you get more ina bulk bag with crickets!

·
Registered
10,996 Posts
locus should really be an occasional treat and most beardies go to about 90% vegeterian, mine currently has no interest in anything but his greens. u might try putting the wax worms in with the greens to get youre beardie onto eating them

·
Registered
801 Posts
You should read the brumation thread. Really useful and going off their food was the first sign I noticed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts