FWC - i dont think he wanted to be disturbed though :lol2:

red banded wolf snake

green cat eye

malagasy hog - in blue

xx

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
do falsies have a proper cobra hood? and do they flare it up when angry? that would be totally epic. Im a complete noob to fwc's never owned or looked into one :blush:

They do have such a hood, but even better is that they can flatten their whole bodies out. Yes, when irritated a falsie will often 'hood up', as well as when feeding. It's not so epic when they do whilst you have hold of them ;)

·
Registered
3,143 Posts
They do have such a hood, but even better is that they can flatten their whole bodies out. Yes, when irritated a falsie will often 'hood up', as well as when feeding. It's not so epic when they do whilst you have hold of them ;)
oh man now I want one just for that!! I can imagine its not epic when holding haha :whistling2:
I will have to have a google later and try and find some!

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
That's a nice group of snakes their my falsies usually calm unless it's food! but when i got him he got really annoyed and did a backflip to try and strike at me! lovely animals though.

·
Registered
6,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks everyone,

sparko - he is still very chilled, i just caught him off guard lol

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
thanks everyone,

sparko - he is still very chilled, i just caught him off guard lol

Haha pleased to hear it. My little guy has done the same once or twice but he's generally so chilled I can pick him up without a hook (naughty!), unlike my female : victory:

How's that little demon of a giant malagasy hognose doing?

·
Registered
13,305 Posts
nice pics : victory:

·
Registered
6,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
no it wasnt mine thank fully! i hadnt noticed until you said :blush: she had been fed a few hours before and i had popped her mouse on top of her hide, looks like she decorated with it :lol2: its all clean now like :)

sparko, she is doing very well but she is exactly that - a demon! not one to free handle curreltly though i am working with her and she is starting to calm a bit :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts