Reptile Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Number of factors:

Cresties are cuter (very subjective)
Cresties are usually cheaper
Cresties seen to be easier to card for, with a lot of Crestie starter kits on the market
A lot of interest in breeding Cresties due to morphs and weird genetics, this is the same in gargoyles just less well known
Gargoyles need a wider viv
Gargoyles are aggressive towards smaller tank mates and can and will eat them!

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Morphs more than anything I'd say. I've got 6 Gargs and 2 Cresties.

I prefer the Gargs but the cresties are better to look at personally.
Depends what your into, I like my Czech bloodlines with there big head and big horns.

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
just a curious question as to why you see loads and loads of crested geckos around but hardly any gargoyles?
Honest answer? People are boring, there are thousands of species of lizards and when you get someone asking for suggestions on what they could keep there are the obvious three that pop up( Bearded Dragon, Crested Gecko and Leopard Gecko ). If they then want something a tad more unusual they are lucky to get 10 different answers. The only reason I can see for the amount of the '3 starter lizards' that are out there is lack of imagination and research. When you think about it how fun are the '3 starter lizards' to keep? Not very in my opinion. There are so many more intriguing and exciting lizards to own that are overlooked just because they don't often come with fancy paint jobs.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts