Reptile Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i need help with my lepord geckos there biteing eavhothher and ik one of them is makeing the mateing tape but hes biteing a bit hard and i dont want them to get hert ls help help

·
Registered
9,213 Posts
Reactions: elishacoombes9

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
As said if you can’t keep them both one will have to go. Or you’re going to have an injured animal and a possible vet bill!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
they started to stop so there i the same tank right now and there acting fine so im going to keep a good eye on them and update how it go's from there
if you would like to see a pic just ask

·
Registered
9,213 Posts
they started to stop so there i the same tank right now and there acting fine so im going to keep a good eye on them and update how it go's from there
you need to separate these two permanently, taking one out and putting back in is only going to cause even more stress. If you take your eye off them 2 for a while, you will come back to some injured geckos which will require vet treatment. They do not need to live together as they are not sociable creatures, cohabitation can be done successfully but any signs like the ones you are mentioning and you should separate asap and never return them to sharing an enclosure.

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
As Roseanna said. They need to be apart.
You cannot put them together again, they’re more active at night so when you’re sleeping that’s when some damage can be done. If you can’t afford another viv to put one in then how will you be able to pay for treatment?...

Put some pics up top of them both and the viv they’re in.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You cannot put them together again, they’re more active at night so when you’re sleeping that’s when some damage can be done. If you can’t afford another viv to put one in then how will you be able to pay for treatment?...

i did it

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

also even if I did separate then I tried that last night and I woke up in the morning and the boy almost. Was dead so I don't know where I've been going to put them I don't think I have anywhere to put one of them

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
also even if I did separate then I tried that last night and I woke up in the morning and the boy almost. Was dead so I don't know where I've been going to put them I don't think I have anywhere to put one of them
Why was it almost dead??

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
bc i put it in a box thing with holes and it was cold so i put a heater pad under it
Please don’t take this the wrong way but why do you have these? You won’t separate them, so you’re going to cause them harm because they’re fighting and one is going to end up hurt and you may end up with a vet bill which won’t be cheap as reptile bills usually aren’t, or worst case dead, and now you’ve almost killed one because you forgot the heat..
They are going to be hurt or dead in your care..
I think it’s best for them if you find them a home with someone who knows what they’re doing.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Please don’t take this the wrong way but why do you have these? You won’t separate them, so you’re going to cause them harm because they’re fighting and one is going to end up hurt and you may end up with a vet bill which won’t be cheap as reptile bills usually aren’t, or worst case dead, and now you’ve almost killed one because you forgot the heat..
They are going to be hurt or dead in your care..
I think it’s best for them if you find them a home with someone who knows what they’re doing.

the real reason i have them is because they where my older brothers and he died from lung cancer and they where his and there the only thing i have left that was his

·
Registered
9,213 Posts
I'm really sorry to hear about your brother and I completely understand how you feel. I went through a similar situation after losing my mum, I had around 10 reptiles which I adored but my mental health started going down hill and I became a carer for my dad. After that, the time I could spend on my reptiles was limited and there care started going down hill, I was heart broken but knew I had to rehome some for there well being, to this day I still think about them all and get upset but if I had kept them then I would have ended up with ill or dead animals, it was a awful situation to be in so I completely understand how difficult this is for you but please please realise that those geckos are suffering and nobody will blame you if you need to rehome, in fact it's a very sensible decision. Last thing you want is to find one of your brothers geckos dead, that would be awful.

Please please rehome one of these geckos or get a second setup. I know it's difficult but they are suffering.

Sent from my EML-L29 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I'm really sorry to hear about your brother and I completely understand how you feel. I went through a similar situation after losing my mum, I had around 10 reptiles which I adored but my mental health started going down hill and I became a carer for my dad. After that, the time I could spend on my reptiles was limited and there care started going down hill, I was heart broken but knew I had to rehome some for there well being, to this day I still think about them all and get upset but if I had kept them then I would have ended up with ill or dead animals, it was a awful situation to be in so I completely understand how difficult this is for you but please please realise that those geckos are suffering and nobody will blame you if you need to rehome, in fact it's a very sensible decision. Last thing you want is to find one of your brothers geckos dead, that would be awful.

Please please rehome one of these geckos or get a second setup. I know it's difficult but they are suffering.

Sent from my EML-L29 using Tapatalk
i just got a second setup it's full with hides plants and others

1 - 20 of 39 Posts