Reptile Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a few moments ago I was walking past my leopard gecko tank to find ruby in her moist back laying on her back with all fours up in the air.

I thought this was meant to be bad......

Any advice

·
Registered
461 Posts
is it still alive? is it still moving around? is it livley and active??

·
Registered
31,364 Posts
if she didnt get up straigthaway i woudl agree here - take to vets..

leos don't tend to fall that often though.. i'd be pretty concerned.
keep checking on it for a couple of hours and if anyone else weird happens then it's vet time personally.

·
Banned
4,175 Posts
I understand that being on its back is not a good sign, was trying to look at options that may have caused it.

Thats why I asked how it was.

And, yes, if you got lots of enrichment going on, then leos do get around loads, and often misplace thier footing.

I would keep an eye on her for any strange behavour and act accordingly.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have another question is what does it mean when they wag their tail (sorry thats the best way i can say it) as she has just started doing that

·
Registered
31,364 Posts
if with food excietd ment

if with you anger...
or playing.
I have another question is what does it mean when they wag their tail (sorry thats the best way i can say it) as she has just started doing that

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
The sand issue is highly debated.

Ours are all on sand and love it. 3 of ours hated being on paper as they were constantly ripping it up trying to dig.

As long as they are sensible and accurate with their hunting/eating you shouldn't have any problems.

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
sometimes if my male falls of the log he is climbing on he will land on his back and stay there for a minute as if playing dead. But he always gets up pretty quickly

1 - 14 of 14 Posts