Reptile Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
My female gecko is 1 year old now and as far as I know, Has been gravid for about a week. I was just wandering when she will lay and How many eggs she will lay?

Also, Do people prefer male or female geckos when they are vuying? If all goes well I plan on selling some and keeping the one I get most attached to >_<

Only one of the eggs are really visable in theese pictures; but I have circled where white parts can be seen in her.

Thanks again:)

·
Registered
230 Posts
If it is her first breeding season, she might just lay 1 egg in first clutch and 2eggs in next. Be prepared that 1st egg can be infertile, but keep fingers crossed :)

Leos usually lay after 3-5 weeks after mating if I remember right and in same intervals - usually you get around 8 clutches, but some I heard can even have 10 ! :)

Time to make incubator ready :)

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Her former owner said that she has laid before but the eggs went mouldy.
I already have the incubator ready :D.
I;ve done all my research; I have readied my incubator, homeamde one, Half vermiculate with perlite on top :). I Just need to know if people perfer males or females so I know where to place it in my tank; otherwise ima go for the mixed temprature.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Any who, night everyone; have to get ready for school tomorrow :(
Hopefully will come on tomorrow with some nice replys, I can't wait for her to lay; I've given her a laying box for her to get use to, its has coir substrate in because I heard that that is easier for her to dig in and stuff.
Thanks everyone who replys :)

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Guys :).
I'll aim for females; but who knows, never done this before :blush:.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Haha, Funny thing; I got back from school today' Lifted up her wet hide and there are 2 gecko eggs sitting in there with her :).
I pick them up carefully and layed them in my already ready(lol thats hard to say) Incubator. according to the thermometer thingy I have it says its 82 degrees F. I like drilled a hole into the middle of the incubator and put the metal thermometed into it, then buried the wire under the substrate, so it can be measured at all times :).

How long untill they will hatch if they are at 82 degrees F?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ok thanks :).
I'm gonna do the "candle" test in 3 days time; with a torch to see if they are yellow or pink. :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts