Reptile Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all, had this little one for a few weeks, has been eating well repashy cgd and dusted live(nutrabol). has had uvb also. has shed twice since having him and during these periods had the usual 'stickyness' issues but tonight was climbing his exo and turned to be upside down and this is how he was.....

FTS???

Opinions and advice welcomed..... did come with 30 day health guarantee....

·
Registered
3,703 Posts
Does look like FTS. I would get some more cover on all the glass, that way it will support the tail. Having UV as you do is beneficial. I wouldn't use nutrabol as often as you are. Just use calcium dusted crickets and nutrabol just once a week maximum.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Andy, yeah sorry nutrabol is once a week maybe twice but will cut it down to once, will look at covering glass.. Had read that in other threads this evening with some researching.. Not found out if any cure(ledges and glass coverings only stop getting worse) or long term effects

Cheers again

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Was a possibility however I do realise its now a big no no and only concerns now are for his welfare!

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yup, but they along with all my reps are my pets not breeding tools so have no issues there!

·
Registered
3,703 Posts
We have a couple that are special cases. One has FTS and spinal deformities and the other has neurological problems. They both get on with their lives, eating and shedding, so if they are happy that's all we can do: victory:

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Does his tail sit 'straight' and in line with his pelvis when he is on a flat surface?
If it does that could likely rule out MBD as usually the tail ends up being off-center if it is left untreated.
I have no idea how you could stop him from sleeping in that position, obviously as you say more decorations could help, but if hes determined on sleeping like that then I dont know.
Possibly that coco-matting thing you can buy for vivarium backgrounds could help : victory:

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah is inline etc just has the possible floppy tail and depression around base of tail, moves around well etc

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
any others with advice?? opinions?? plenty looking....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.